Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28235 10/03/00 05:55 PM
A
alony Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am Belizean living on the other side of the world, (not by choice). I found this sight saturday night when I, just as many others were scratching for whatever info we could hang our hopes onto. I thought that I had found the replacement for those trusty old HAM operators, but quickly I had to give up. This message board has become trash. It is amazing that in times like this some of us have nothing better to do that to clutter up a perfectly good communication tool like this board.

It would be great if someone took some responsibility and clear the garbage off.

#28236 10/03/00 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
if you took the time to really read this board you would see that marty often tells you where to look for true information. these people obviously feel the need to vent.

#28237 10/03/00 06:11 PM
A
alony Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It is just a bit much having to read all the trash. For that I can watch the local news.

#28238 10/03/00 07:30 PM
Alony...Don't go away. We hope you will continue to use this board with confidence. Certain people who have tried to trash this message board in the past have come back to cause any trouble they can during this time of anguish. They are "crazies" who have no business insulting, flaming, or deliberately posting messages to inflame people.

Marty is the chief nerd, administrator, and owner of this board. He has made gigantic and noble efforts to assist and aid every person he can in this terrible time as he did in 1998 during "Mitch". He obviously has had little time for sleep and relaxation during the past days and nights so he will probably not have had time to deal with the posts you described.

He appointed some others to the post of administrator to assist whenever they noticed that the "crazies" had returned. I am one of those people and anyone with the title "cap'n" is an administrator. I have been watching and reading the messages and have seen the nastiness showing it's ugly face.

This board is here for the benefit of all the people of Ambergris Caye and the many potential visitors who need questions answered in an adult and civilized way. It has always been straight up and most helpful with the assistance of some pretty great regular contributors.

The offensive posts that insult, flame, curse, are racist, etc. are being deleted and will not be tolerated. They do no good for anyone, and only serve to foster hatred. The board is for anyone who wishes to post in a polite and civil manner.

I hope Marty agrees with this post and please everyone continue to use the board in the spirit in which it was created. Thanks for being here.

**Jim

**Jim
#28239 10/04/00 01:11 PM
C
C
Well said. This board serves as a lifeline at the present time. Not for trash. Go play elsewhere. Thankkxxss.

Robin Holder
#28240 10/05/00 12:44 PM
S
S
We know and appreciate everything that you "Capn's" have been doing. And end the end hopefully we can get this board back to it's normal self. You won't lose any of us true boarders. Looking forward to when we can log on and everyone is pleasant again.

Hip Hip Huray for our CAPN'S! You're Awesome!

#28241 10/05/00 12:50 PM
J
J
I am a "newbie" on this board and have been blown away by the heroic efforts of Marty and everyone else pitching in. It is no wonder so many of us US people flock to Belize and love the people. From someone very far away, in Maine, we are thinking of you and wish all the best.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
2 members (dabunk, JayinOhio), 228 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.