Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#282366 - 06/02/08 09:20 AM yesterdays Weather
Marty Offline
General Weather Forecast, 6/3/2008
GENERAL SITUATION: Generally unsettled weather conditions will continue today...
24HR FORECAST: Coudy with several periods of light rain along with some showers and thunderstorms over most areas.
WINDS: East-southeast 15-25 knots, with higher gusts near the† heavier showers and thunderstorms
SEAS: Rough!!!!. ***Small craft warning***
OUTLOOK: (Wed&Wed night)† A gradual decrease† in cloudiness, showers and winds.
Note:† Flooding continues country wide, for† further information please refer to Flood Bulletin #8 Issued by the Hydrological Office.)

Coastal 28° C
82° F
24° C
75° F
Inland 30° C
85° F
22° C
72° F
Hills 22° C
72° F
19° C
66° F
High- †9:43AM† Low- 5:23PM
High- 11:44 PM Low- 4:19AM(WED)
Sunrise- 5:17 AM Moonset- 6:39PM
Sunset- 6:25 PM Moonrise- 5:56AM(WED)

#282427 - 06/02/08 06:08 PM Re: Current Weather [Re: Marty]
shuffles Offline
Rumor has it that there is another storm brewing in the Pacific, heading our way...anyone else heard that?
Change your Latitude

#282431 - 06/02/08 06:19 PM Re: Current Weather [Re: shuffles]
SimonB Offline

#282459 - 06/02/08 10:18 PM Re: Current Weather [Re: SimonB]
Amanda Syme Offline
shuffles, please don't post rumours.

I don't know how many people were actually monitoring this weather system but we did post a warning to be on the lookout well over a week ago - it was a week before Alma formed and then turned into Arthur.

Now is the time to be prepared. If you can take care of yourself then you will be able to help others and you won't be a burden.

Arthur has been a sad wake up call and intoduction to the 2008 hurricane season.

The majority of deaths during tropical storms is by water - after the storm has passed! storm surge, flooding, landslides, fast running rivers etc.

Please be prepared for the next one and send what aid you can to those that are suffering now.

The link posted above is a great tropical discussion site - considered along with wunderground and the national hurricane center you can usually form a fair assessment of each situation.

There is disturbed weather in the pacific but none of the models are prediction development or impact to Belize.... yet.

#282521 - 06/03/08 10:55 AM Re: Current Weather [Re: Amanda Syme]
shuffles Offline
Thank you Simon for the link.

Amanda,I was not saying that this was true.....just asking if anyone else had any informaton. "rumor has it" was another way of saying "I have heard"....please do not associate that with me posting rumors on this board.

All I needed to hear was "There is disturbed weather in the pacific but none of the models are prediction development or impact to Belize.... yet." I am prepared, have sent aid, and have checked the wunderground site as well. Was simply asking if anyone else had information and if they could follow up with perhaps a plain English answer for me. Since I have about 10 inquiries about the weather every day, I like to keep informed about these things.

I would appreciate not being patronized. I have completed 17 years of education and have managed to survive over a half century, I must be doing something right.
Change your Latitude

#282544 - 06/03/08 11:37 AM Re: Current Weather [Re: shuffles]
travelqueen Offline
shuffles, everyone else reading this knew what you meant and thank you for relaying what you heard be it rumor or otherwise. People want to know whats going on regarding the weather, we ALL do. It's much appreciated!!!

#282555 - 06/03/08 12:19 PM Re: Current Weather [Re: travelqueen]
SP Daily Offline
Any mention of "rumours" about threatening weather puts people here in a panic. They've been through many evacuations and near misses. Some have lost family members to hurricanes. Please do not post this stuff!!!

#282557 - 06/03/08 12:26 PM Re: Current Weather [Re: SP Daily]
Leah-Ann Offline
Advance warning of impending bad weather should be viewed as permiting time to get prepared rather than being put in a panic -
I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?

#282559 - 06/03/08 12:33 PM Re: yesterdays Weather [Re: Leah-Ann]
SP Daily Offline
Rumours (usually false) only scare people and tend to divert attention from the expert forecasters at the Met Service and NEMO. They are the ones to listen to.
Its "Crying wolf" about weather dangers,.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.