Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
First and foremost, the news that there was no loss of life is very relieving. That said, I am also sorry to hear that there was so much damage done to Belize and the people's homes who live there. However, I am an American, and I take offence at the notion that just because I am concerned about my honeymoon that I am selfish. Look at my other posts on these boards over the past 12 hours. My first concern is for the safety and health of all those affected by this storm. The fact that I have lost over 7 THOUSAND dollars has been a secondary consideration. The fact is that tourism supports your country, and without it you would not have the resources that you do to recover from this tragedy. I have now made a SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR (THAT'S AMERICAN DOLLARS) to the relief effort, and if I hear anyone call myself or any other concerned world citizen selfish for it you should be ashamed of yourself. My honeymoon is shot. I still gave to help. My fiancee is in tears and my mother in law is upset, certainly no comparison for what happened there but you are obviously insane if you think that my concerns are not legitimate. You have worked years to build what was destroyed, I saved for years to give my best friend and soon to be wife the honeymoon of her dreams. That is gone now. So we do have something in common, the feeling of loss. I decided to do something constructive with it, perhaps any of you Belizeians who have a problem with us Americans should stop your bitching and do the same.

Christian Bagley
[email protected]
Austin, Texas USA
C
OP Offline
C
It seems to me YOU are the selfish one, you don't even have the deceny to say thank you, and your distaste in all likelihood is simply because I am an American. I love Belize, I'm just sorry this had to happen to all of you and I hope my contribution makes some small dent in the financial needs of your country. Best of luck and God bless you all. I hope to see you next year.

Christian Bagley
[email protected]
Austin, Texas USA
B
B
I AM THE ONE GUILTY OF SAYING SELFISH AMERICANS. BUT I WAS BY NO MEANS TRYING TO LUMP ALL AMERICANS IN ONE BUNCH. MY HUSBAND IS AND AMERICAN AND THE MOST CARING WONDERFUL PERSON I KNOW. I WAS ANGRY AT THOSE ON TV WHO KEPT REPORTING THAT THE REAL CONCERN WAS WEATHER IT WOULD COME BACK TO HURT THE U.S.
AND I AGREE THAT IS A CONCERN BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY THAT IN THE SAME BREATH AS BELIZE IS GETTING POUNDED BY KEITH. THAT IS WHAT MADE ME ANGRY, AND I AM NOT ANGRY AT ALL AMERICANS, JUST THOSE WHO ARE INSENSITIVE! I AM VERY SORRY TO YOU AND YOUR FIANCEE. I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOUR WEDDING WAS SCHEDULED FOR BUT MAYBE IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE YOUR LOCATION OF THE WEDDING. OTHER PLACES IN BELIZE ARE NOT SO BADLY AFFECTED AS THE CAYES. PLACENCIA IS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AND PROBABLY FULLY INTACT.
AGAIN I AM SORRY FOR BOTH OF YOU, DON'T FEEL YOU MADE A BAD CHOICE IN BELIZE - MOTHER NATURE HAD IT'S OWN PLANS.

C
C
Belizegirl - I completely understand your frustration with the media, but you should know by now that the media is not always a reflection of the public view in general. I believe that the VAST MAJORITY of Americans are just as concerned with the welfare of the Belizean people as they are with the direction the hurricane is heading, including Mexico and the U.S. Nobody wants to see this type of damage done anywhere, including the beautiful country of Belize.

A
A
American Media sucks big time! It's almost impossible to find good world news on TV and the papers are not much better. This is why I am on the internet to find out real news. My parents call me sometimes from Germany to talk about breaking world news they just have seen on TV and I have no idea it happend because the news in California is clutterd with bullshit I would not even call news like new procedures to make wrinkles go away. I totally understand your frustrations and I am so sad for everyone in Belize/Yucatan and the Honeymoon couple.

D
D
andi-

give me a break! Die Deutsche Nachrichtung is die beste! B.S. your idea of news is probably die Bild Zeitung! Don't be so flipping condescending. jeeesh!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.