Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
It bothers me so much every time I ask for a glass of ice water in this town and I am told that my only option is a bottle of Crystal, usually just a small one. Many times I ask for iced water and a bottle is just brought to me w/out even a warning. This comes down to greed at the expense of the environment. The problem is the waste created by a plastic water bottle versus filling that same water into a reusable glass from a reusable container. It is pure greed and I am fed up with it.

I would like a list complied of every bar and restaurant that will give you a glass of ice water from a 5-gallon upon request.

Mickey's is the ONLY restaurant I have found in town that just simply pours a glass of ice water w/out even asking you.

Let's start the list - if you are a restaurant owner, please do let me know because I will patronize your place over others. Also may be wise to include the restaurants that refuse to give you ice water (like they don't have a 5 gallon to fill from ) --

ICE WATER:

Mickey's (on the table)
Wild Mangos (upon request)
Blue Lotus (upon request)
Christos (upon request)
Island Perk - Britta filtered smile
Blue Moon (upon request)
Hidden Treasure (upon request)
Lime (upon request)
Sunset Grill (upon request)
El Divino (upon request)
George's Kitchen (upon request)
Portofino (on the table)

Last edited by KnckrBckrNYC; 06/16/08 12:20 PM.
nice. I couldn't agree more.

Welcome to the Blue Lotus!! We offer water in a glass with meals. However we also have the bottles available as some tourists request them.

Blue Lotus
WaterTop Restaurant
www.bluelotusrestaurant.com
610-BLUE(2583)

B
B
Hi We here at Christos offer water in a glass free of charge with your meal.

Christos
Located around the corner from The RoadKill
226-2601

Great Idea knyc

Blue moon - Hidden Treasures and Lime have all given me water in glasses the first 2 was without asking for it at our meal Lime was at a crawl party and I was not drinking so they gave me some water in a cup with ice upon request.

Perk will also give you filtered water in a cup as well if you ask.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Thanks for noticing Island Perk's commitment to cold responsible water. A cold glass of water is always avaliable to anyone willing to ask with a please and a thank you. Kids included. They often pass on their way from school during the hot weather for a cold glass of water.
I too get mad when I ask for a "glass of water" and am served a bottle when I see a 5 gallon jug available. There are a few business I will not return to because of this and we let me know at the time they lost our business because of this practice.
Don't get me started on "to go cups" or take out containers...

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.
Add Sunset Grill to your list. I always get a tall glass of ice water there and as many refills as I need.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
George's Kitchen and El Divino

Excellent information. Agree 100%.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Next step....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270242724358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350066117472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.