Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#282758 06/04/08 02:23 PM
OP Offline
I treated myself to lunch at Sunset Grill yesterday and came away very upset. The property owner, who I believe goes by Mr. Larry, is building a very big condo between the street and restaurant. The only other customers in the place thought that Kevin was building it as it is being called Sunset Condos. Kevin leases the restaurant property from Mm. Larry.
That would not be a problem except they have totally blocked access to the restaurant's parking by stacking trash and building material in the drive way.
I asked the workmen why and was told they had to put it someplace. I asked how they would like it if I parked a couple of big trucks in the street blocking their access to their work site. They just gave me dirty looks.
SO - please - I urge you to either take a taxi down or park as close as you can and treat yourself to a really fine meal. Kevin, owner of S.G. is taking this better than I am - and they serve Free water in a glass glass.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
M
I love the sunset grill. I will be there in 10 days and will do my part. keith

We enjoy it also and will eat there in 3 wks.

Don't you think "Kevin" is taking the construction obstructions well because he knows the condos that close to him means more business for him once they are completed?

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
We stumbled over the construction materials to make it to the grill a couple weeks ago while we were there. Glad we did. Great food and great sunsets.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I ate there once recently, with some guests. The food was OK but not exceptional. We weren't over-impressed with aspects of the service. The ordeal to get in, climbing over rubble, certainly is a damper.

Last edited by pedro2; 06/07/08 02:13 PM. Reason: diplomacy
#282869 06/05/08 07:53 AM
"I'm British so I don't tip unless the service has been truly excellent (!)"

That reminds me of a scene from the movie Crash.

A guy says to another. "That waitress didn't give us good service because we're (white/black/British/whatever). She just assumed because we're (white/black/British/whatever) that we weren't going to leave a good tip."

Other guy says. "Well how much of a tip did you leave?"

Reply. "You think I'm going to leave a tip for that kind of service?"

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
We love the Sunset Grill and send our guests there all the time...and we go as well....

They started the construction during high season, and no, I don't think Kevin is taking this well because he thinks he will get more business. The man is a marketing genius and many folks in San Pedro could learn a lesson or two from him. He is out every day running errands for his business, and if he sees tourists who look lost, or having trouble finding their way, he always stops and helps them out, and then gives them a coupon for a free drink at the Sunset.

He is taking the construction process much better than most, and we have never had a bad meal there, the service has always been great, and the food is reasonably priced for the island and for the amount of food that you are served. I highly recommend the restaurant for lunch or dinner, and the view is wonderful this time of year around 5:00 pm. Don't forget to watch them feed the tarpon.

Peter obviously you have never stooped so low as to work in food service, or you would tip if you got good service. I once had a British woman obsessively torment me for over ten minutes to bring her 31 cents in change. I gave her a dollar because I figured she needed it more than me.

Change your Latitude
#282979 06/05/08 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by pedro2
I'm British so I don't tip unless the service has been truly excellent

Peter, YOU DON'T LIVE IN EUROPE! In many places, all over the world, and definitely in SP, the servers have to tip out the cooks, bus boys, hosts etc. so by not tipping at all, you are costing them their money!!!!

You have to tip and not measly 10%! WHEN IN ROME!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Acronyms for TIP - to insure promt service, to insure proper service, to improve service. No one deserves a tip unless they provide that no matter what country you are in.

I'm a firm believer that, "there are two sides to every story".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.