Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Anyone had experience with this guy? His website claims that he is endorsed by the BTB...I have a REALLY hard time believing that!

Change your Latitude
S
S
His URL?

JZB Offline
Is the guy who sent out mass emails to everyone looking for a place to stay and in return will film your property?

OP Offline
Jesse,

He has several, but this is the one where he makes all his claims about Belize

www.belizehotelassociation.com

Change your Latitude
Please don't make me laugh! When I asked him whether he represented the BHA (because of his website) he indicated that they are definitely not best of friends.

Told him I wasn't interested and he went crazy, telling me I disregarded the wish of our PM Dean Barrow (who had endorsed him to challenge the Guinness Record of videos made about one country) and when I couldn't spare $ 500 for a promotional video, I was obviously not able to run a resort.

After making a video for a neighbouring resort, he wouldn't leave there (free accommodation) and had to be kicked out.

Jan

OP Offline
That does not surprise me.

I was hoping it wasn't just us and now I know...thanks Jan. He was and continues to be extremely unprofessional (now via email)...and said something similar to what he said to you to Vicki up at Xaman Ek. I am putting together a letter to the BTB and just wanted to find out if these were isolated incidents or if he just didnt like us for some reason.

He has the BTB logo on his website and says that he was hired by them to do all this work....funny thing though, he has to get paid in US cash (which he doesnt tell you until he gets there), and doesn't pay GST, or any kind of tax that I can see....

He was supposed to arrive at our place at 9:00 am and showed up ten hours late...no phone call, nothing. Showed up in the middle of a barbeque with guests in our courtyard, and helped himself to food, the guests' beers, you name it.....

Unprofessional, arrogant, rude, and the raw video that he DID take at our place was atrocious. When we looked at it we immediately emailed him and told him that we did not want him to post anything anywhere unless or until we approved it first. The ensuing emails from him were downright vicious and personal. The man should be led to the airport and put on a plane to anywhere but here.

Cindy
Changes in Latitudes

Originally Posted by BHA
Re.: Steve Odell, Videographer/Photographer

The Belize Hotel Association was approached some time ago by Mr. Steve Odell seeking assistance in the production of video advertisement and photography for member properties. Our offices assisted Mr. Odell by initiating contact with members, arranging photo shoots and generally assisting to make sure that he was afforded as many courtesies as was necessary to facilitate the actual production of his work in Belize.

Shortly thereafter, Mr. Odell placed the advertisements, videos and photos collectively into a website which he named www.belizehotelassociation.com .

Mr. Odell promised that the site would be turned over to the Belize Hotel Association in due time and that he was working to fine tune the site.

The offices of the Belize Hotel Association became inundated with complaints about Mr. Odell's lack of professionalism towards some member property owners and managers. Mr. Odell further became hostile towards the Belize Hotel Association when the Association refused to write a support letter to the Belize Tourism Board and other authorities seeking assistance for him to bring in his production equipment, household items, vehicle and other items free of taxation, levy or charges of any kind into our country.

We have been notified by member properties that he is again soliciting work from properties using the same listed www.belizehotelassociation.com website as his bargaining tool and reference.

The Belize Hotel Association would like to warn all tourism stakeholders, property owners, managers and partners that Mr. Steve Odell does not represent the Belize Hotel Association in any way nor is he authorized to use the name of the Belize Hotel Association in reference to any work he is proposing to do for any person, property or organization.

Any person who does business with Mr. Steve Odell does so at his own risk. The Belize Hotel Association distances itself from him and his handy work in this country and asks that he removes the name of the association from his advertizing and promotions.

Kindly contact the offices of the Belize Hotel Association for any further details about Mr. Odell's sojourn in our country via telephone or email.

Belize Hotel Association Contact:
Telephone: 223.0669
Email: membership@belizehotels.org

P
P
I knew of a Steve Odell in London, working vaguely in the dive/travel arena. Is this guy British?

No, not British.

P
P
Good. Not the guy I was thinking of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.