Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
W
My husband and I will be leaving Tulsa 12/15 and arriving in San Pedro 12/24. We would be thrilled to help with a families Christmas.

We could even be Santa's(Big Frank) elves.

T
T
My family will adopt a family for
the holidays. Just send the details.
Tammi Hall
from Ohio

B
B
Tammy, have you had a minute to talk to Patti about this project? It sounds like there will be a lot of participation if it can get off the ground. Hope she can figure something out. [Linked Image]

Couldn't reach Patti today, but did talk to her assistant. He is going to see her tomorrow and explain the idea. They will figure out what is the best way to handle this so nobody gets left out.

He said it was a great idea!

He will let me know tomorrow what they decide.
Thanks for being patient.
You guys are the best! [Linked Image]

K
K
Tammy, count me int also. BTW, I will be down November 13th thru the 20th. Did Frank bring the makeup you wanted? If not, let me know your favorite brand and I will deliver. You are a peach! Kim Matson [email protected]

LOL..poor Frank carried it around in a plastic bag..hoping nobody would ask him...."Hey buddy...what's in the bag?"

LOL

He's a real sweetheart. Had his son-in-law with him too....who was dying to go Bonefishing. Said he'd been several times in different places but never cuaght any.
I told him not to worry...he would surely catch them here. And he did!....about 5 or 6 I think.
Still waiting on Frank to do a trip report.

Thanks for the offer though Kim. Be sure and come by and see me while your here. [Linked Image]

E
Edd Offline
E
^

No word from Gilbert yet....guess I will call him back in the AM.....

Stay Tuned....

Hi Tammy

Do you have a phone yet?

Here is some advice:

I contacted Mary Beissner, the main benefactor for the San Pedro Library, when I had clothes to donate after the storm. She made sure that it all went to the appropriate people.

Mary was, and may still be, donating a number of hours per day helping out the needy.

I would think that she would be willing to help you pinpoint families most in need.

I would also suggest the Lion's club... but I think they are quite stretched at the moment.

Great location to get together, could be the Hide-A-Way. They have a huge yard. Borrow chairs and tables from the town board.

All the kids need one thing that is just for them... my own doll, my own truck! Something that you can call mine and not HAVE to share. Then a communual ball, skipping rope etc. Complicated games, anything electric or electronic may cause more problems than help - pieces will get lost, family may not have the means to replace batteries and their homes may not be serviced by electricity.

Even Mom's and Dad's will appreciate something that is just for them. Maybe a belt, a hat, a clock.

DON'T FORGET THE CHRISTMAS CAKE... remember, there is only one that passes around and around the world... it is our turn to end up with it this year.

A little Christmas cheer and a prayer will go a long way into brightening everybodies lives.

Thank you everybody for your love, generosity and caring.

The people of San Pedro thank you and welcome you with open arms.

H
H
Sitting here in the States, it seems like this could be made very simple.
- Post a name on each island for us to send pkgs to - someone not too overwhelmed to handle it.
- Post instructions for labelling for customs - ie: X-mas relief or the same as before or what?
- Post lists of most needed items. We can assume toys, clothes, but how about books, holiday food items, decorations, adult's needs, etc?
- Then we each get what we can, wrap it and send it ourselves or to a collection site here if one is identified. Via US mail pkgs have to be rather small but Air Parcel Express (and maybe others)
http://www.apx-air-courier.com/cargo.html
has reasonable rates for larger pkgs up to 500 lbs. So, for instance, a bike could go that way. Food items could be left unwrapped and gift wrapped items could have removable memo notes on them to identify them. For instance "doll" "clothes boy size 7" etc.
- Then the person down there could gather together what each family needs most, but doesn't have to try to get that info or family names out to us - a bunch of strangers.
just some thoughts for whatever they are worth. but we must include Caye Caulker in this. jude

[This message has been edited by heyjude (edited 11-07-2000).]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.