Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#284703 06/13/08 11:34 PM
OP Offline
Does anyone know of an offshore investment plan that will allow me to put away some money every month into investments such as stock, commodity or real estate investment funds?

I am tired of the poor returns of the mutual funds back home that are not even keeping ahead of the fall in the dollar. So because the dollar is falling by 10% per year there is no real appreciation from investments back home when they go up a paltry 10%.

Looking forward to your reply, Wealthy Buyer

I have an insatiable hunger for more land !!!
Don't know where "back home" is for you..but I'm guessing its USA...how about putting cash into Alberta,Canada? ...in particular...residential or commercial real estate in Calgary?

Is this a joke?

What "mutal funds", "back home" are earning 10% right now?

When did inflation or "the dollar is falling" increase to 10%?

Perhapse you have been spending too much of your "wealth" on "investing" in plant commodities like...... cannabis?

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
www.southbeachbelize.com

And there were 82 mutual funds earning over 10% through the first quarter of 08 with the highest more that 39% and the dollar has fallen more than 30% against the Euro. So not all of his assertions are wrong. Now let's see if he is smart enough to invest in Southbeach.

I need bywarren to be my mutal fund advisor. All of mine (not that there is a lot) seem to be losing $ lately.

Keep us up-to-date on that 39% earner. I'd like to know what it's 5 and 10 year averages are. Do you have that info?

Jeff is currently offering an 11% return on two year lease backs at South Beach.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
I pay dearly for that advice and you would be well served by finding an excellent financial advisor - of which I am not - even for free.

Also without even having to consulte my advisor, I doubt he would advise me to invest in something returning 11% that does not as yet exist.

Oh what the hell. Since I sort of feel sorry for a doctor that has to move to Belize to make a little extra spending money, here are the ones earning over 30% for the first quarter of 08.
CRF,EFL,CLM,RQI and RPE.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/14/08 08:33 AM.
bywarren - you big softy. don't let all of your secrets out the bag in one short week!

I guess "Doc" or Wealthy Buyer hasn't heard how to become a millionaire in Belize - bring two with you. grin

You still didn't give us those 5 and 10 year averages. 30% up today and 40% down tomorrow seems a common trend while predicting a down turn eludes most of us.

This original post had to be a joke, just read the poster's screen name and signature. Had to be a prank. I posted with humor in mind.

I do have a financial advisor one of several over the years, none of which seem any better at predicting stocks than the other.

I don't "have" to move to Belize, I want to move to Belize. And depending on when I'm able to make that move I'll need to earn a little more than "a little extra spending money". But I have no pie in the sky ideas that I will "become a mllionaire in Belize". I haven't accomplished that here! I do have a goal of earning enough to pay routine bills but little more. I think this is a reasonable and obtainable goal. I may never be able to obtain a Belize medical license but I'm sure going to try.

I'm also a pilot, maybe Tropic or Maya will hire me for island hopper flights. Point is, I'll find something / someway to work it out because moving there before we get "too old" is our goal and has been for some time now.

One last bit of info for you to understand that our desire to live there has little to do with money. We recently adopted a creole baby girl. We live in the south where there is still a fair amount of racism both from whites and from blacks. Since she is both, then she is really neither. Therefore, we are concerned that she may not be accepted by either race.

From what we have seen on the island, children of all shades of color seem to mesh well with each other. We want her to be able to attend school there surrounded by other children of various races and color.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 06/14/08 06:20 PM.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Like I posted earlier, good luck.

You are using humor again aren't you when you talk about Tropic or Maya hiring you?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.