Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#286502 - 06/27/08 02:41 PM Nevada GOP Convention - redux
deadserious Offline
History of the fiasco.

As you may remember, the Nevada GOP convention recessed (abruptly and in violation of convention and party rules) with only 9 delegates being elected to the national convention due to Ron Paul's success in receiving 7 of the 9 delegates. We have 22 remaining to elect. Many delegates (including myself) are returning to Reno tomorrow to attempt a quorum to resume business and finish what was started.
Now back to your regularly scheduled drivel...

#286505 - 06/27/08 02:58 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: deadserious]
Bernie&Gordy Offline
This should be interesting, thanks for the link. Will definitely check it out.

#286509 - 06/27/08 03:21 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: Bernie&Gordy]
Rykat Offline
Thanks ds, will check it out
GOP - The Party of Lincoln.

#286513 - 06/27/08 03:28 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: Rykat]
azbob Offline
DS, what time tomorrow?
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

#286518 - 06/27/08 03:37 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: azbob]
Otteralum Offline
I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, but be sure to give us a synopsis here -- very interested.
I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#286524 - 06/27/08 03:52 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: Otteralum]
deadserious Offline
7am pacific time is when doors open. If I get access to power like I think I'll have, i'll turn on the cam as soon as possible after that. Maybe earlier if I get confirmation on the power.

if no power, i'll save my batteries for when it starts at 9am

#286868 - 06/30/08 10:36 AM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: deadserious]
deadserious Offline
FYI, I'm posting video of the event here. I'm progressively adding more of the event, so it's just the welcome for now. But expect more in a few hours.

#287117 - 07/02/08 02:03 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: deadserious]
Otteralum Offline
What's the bottom line. Travelling a lot for work right now and video is hard to get on the horrible connection I have.

#287122 - 07/02/08 03:02 PM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: Otteralum]
deadserious Offline
Well, it's tough to explain, but essentially...

We first reconvened by outlining that day 1 of the convention was recessed illegally per RNC, NVGOP and Roberts Rule. Since the recess was invalid, we were a still in convention.

We then outlined how the credentials report was illegally submitted. It was claimed by the original chair that when the credentials report was submitted we were operating under no rules. Instead, per RNC, NVGOP rules, if we have no rules, we are to fall back on the rules of the prior convention. Since those rules outlined a different credentialing procedure than was followed, the origninal credentials report was invalidated.

Since the original credentials report was invalid, it must be resubmitted and approved by the body. The credentials chair submitted the only known list (which was of those in attendance of our Day 2 convention) and that was approved.

We then were able to operate with a quarum of 100%.

We then reaffirmed all of the action that was taken day 1 illegally (due to an invalid credentials report) so that no business completed on day 1 would be invalidated. As part of that we also reaffirmed the votes as cast for the 9 congressional district delegates.

We then completed the business that was incomplete from Day 1 including voting for the remaining 22 delegates.

Out of the 31 delegates, it looks like Ron Paul took 25 or so.

The convention was then recessed and closed in such a way that all further business of the convention for the year would be illegal.

I was completely impressed with the thought and preparation that went into not only following RNC and NVGOP rules to a T, but in laying out the legality of the Day 2 reconvene.

There is no legal reason that the Day 2 reconvene should be thrown out in St. Paul in September, but the RNC could still violate their own rules and screw us over.

With the whole thing on tape and rules followed so well, such action from the RNC would be very transparent.

#287155 - 07/03/08 07:47 AM Re: Nevada GOP Convention - redux [Re: deadserious]
Otteralum Offline
So I should hear in September...

"The Great State of Nevada suubmits 6 votes for John McCain and 25 votes for the next president of the United States, RON PAUL!"

He he.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.