Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CA Jen Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am more than a little freaked out about our July trip. I know everything will be fine, but it is totally outside my comfort zone. I will already be stressed from flying and I don't do well when I don't know what is going on.

We plan on taking a water taxi to SP but what can I expect? How do we go about getting it? Do we take a taxi from the airport to the water?

Walk this poor person through it please.

If your landing at international air port and you must be. you will exit from picking up your bags and passing thur customs at doors to the outside where dozens of cab drivers will be waiting to take you to the water taxi terminal at the swing bridge in Belize city.
I think its about a 25.us taxi ride. the water taxi terminal office will sell you a ticket to San Pedro and It will take about an hour to get over by boat. where you dock in the center of town. More taxis will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
unless your hotel is one of the many on the other side of the cut , ...What hotel are you staying at?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Your picking the water taxi ride to San Pedro isn't the best way, but if your real flight-O-phobic then thats the only other way.
Tropic Air is easier and cheaper .

White Sands Dive Shop
I agree with Elbert....if you want to lug your bags around three or four times AFTER you get to Belize International, go for the water taxi...but if you want a seamless trip without lugging your bags, take a 17 minute Tropic flight. The water taxi takes about an hour and a half. I am not a big fan of large airplanes, but I love the little ones that fly around the country here.....

Change your Latitude
The water taxi is the "best" way as far as I'm concerned. I would venture "best" is dependant on what you are looking for. The water taxi is a beautiful way to get to the island and provides an opportunity to see a bit of Belize City. It takes a bit longer but that is the part I like. After buying your ticket at the water terminal, while waiting for the water taxi to arrive you can wander around the area a bit. Be sure and buy a bag of fried plaintains from one of the little kids wandering around selling them and enjoy them with your first Belikin while you wait.

I am pretty certain the water taxi costs less than either Maya Island Air or Tropic, especially if there is more than one person.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Its the price of the Taxi from Ladyvill to belize city that brings the price up , do you remember what you paid for the taxi and the water taxi?

White Sands Dive Shop
....and don't forget that while you are "wandering around the area", you'll get to lug your bags with you.....

Change your Latitude
C
CA Jen Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the responses. I would prefer to take the flight - seems like less hassle - but DH really wants to take the boat. I'm just not sure how to get to the boat.

S
S
Originally Posted by elbert
If your landing at international air port and you must be. you will exit from picking up your bags and passing thur customs at doors to the outside where dozens of cab drivers will be waiting to take you to the water taxi terminal at the swing bridge in Belize city.
I think its about a 25.us taxi ride. the water taxi terminal office will sell you a ticket to San Pedro and It will take about an hour to get over by boat. where you dock in the center of town. More taxis will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
unless your hotel is one of the many on the other side of the cut , ...What hotel are you staying at?

CA tell DH, once you are on Ambergris Caye, you will have all kinds of opportunity to "take boats" or water taxi's up and down the island, snorkeling, diving, fishing, Caye Calker, mainland for tours. Get there and enjoy Paradise! Relax it will be great!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.