Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#287703 - 07/08/08 07:55 PM Harry Burnett passes on
SP Daily Offline
Hello to our old friends from Belize

This is a very sad day - Harry, my lovely husband of almost 40 years, died yesterday late afternoon in hospital where he had spent the past week trying to get over a bout of pneumonia. He's at peace now though after battling the horrible disease, Multiple System Atrophy.

Harry wanted a party, no funeral service, so we are having a party on Thursday and no-one is allowed to wear suits or dressy stuff - only casual clothes allowed. I've already told the funeral director that Harry is going to be dressed in an old Playador tee shirt, shorts and sandals - his uniform when he was in Belize and in summer up here.

Could you please tell everyone who knew Harry the sad news.

Sandra

#287706 - 07/08/08 08:29 PM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: SP Daily]
Amanda Syme Offline
Thanks Jesse. Harry and Sandra were always such a hoot!! I can see him wanting to party his way on to the next life.

We did have some great times at the Hotel Playador didn't we?

Please pass on our condolences.

#287707 - 07/08/08 08:33 PM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Amanda Syme]
SP Daily Offline
Yup...the Original Crazy Canuck!

#287727 - 07/08/08 10:38 PM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: SP Daily]
Barbara K Offline
RIP Long live the Playador crew! Party on

#287739 - 07/08/08 11:23 PM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Barbara K]
Amanda Syme Offline
A note from my parents:

"Sandra, sorry we can't make the party. we have only good memories about those Crazy Canuck days. Harry was a one-off".

Taff & Rose Elliott

#287743 - 07/09/08 12:13 AM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Amanda Syme]
Scuba do Offline
Another fine example on how valuable the board is if used properly.....we pray peace for Sandra and her family on Harry's passing. Open Door Evangelic Ministries

#287747 - 07/09/08 12:57 AM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Scuba do]
Danny2 Offline

R.I.P.

#288801 - 07/15/08 07:54 AM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Danny2]
Tom Offline
We had known about Harry's condition for some time and Sandra said she never thought she would see Harry reduced to sipping his beer through a straw. He enjoyed what he could as long as he could.
We have had our thoughts and prayers with sandra and their boys and will continue to pray that they find peace now that Harry is in a better place.
We bought unit #2-B and was the first condo up and rentable at Playador. It will always be Playador to me.
Kat
aka:TukiTuki

#289816 - 07/22/08 08:27 AM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Tom]
Barefoot Skinny Offline
Amen Kat. It was the most fun and best job I ever had working with Harry. Those days will live forever in my mind. I will really miss you Harry. Love Always, Skinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"

#290369 - 07/25/08 11:31 PM Re: Harry Burnett passes on [Re: Barefoot Skinny]
nybratt Offline
It's been ten years since I last saw Harry, Sandra and his son. I cried today when I read the news. I spent a few months in A.C. back in '98, and Harry was just like a father to me. I hope Sandra knows that his smile lives on in many peoples memories. I spent practically everyday at the Playador, and will never ever forget the kindness and generosity of Harry and Sandra. Pabil roasts on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the time Henry pulled some strings and chartered a private plane for his son and I after we missed the last flight back from the mainland. I could go on and on. I extend my prayers to Sandra and her boys, I am so so sorry for their loss. And I thank them for such grand and fond memories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.