Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cdunbar Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello,

New to the board. Getting married in Belize in May and ironing out our plans. Did a quick search of the forum and couldn't information relating to the latest Belizian law information for getting married so I apologize in advance if someone has already asked/answered my question. I have heard 2 answers regarding how many days you need to be in Belize before you can get legally married; 1 day vs. 3 days. Which is right? Are we talking calendar days or 24 hr increments? Were picking dates this week and definitely don't want to mess it up. Anything else we should know? Can you recommend a good planner? Thanks!

I
I
Hey there...finally...someone on this forum who is getting married in Belize besides me! How exciting smile My fiancee and I are getting married in September at the Victoria House. It is def. 3 days that you are required to be there, plus most hotels will require that you stay atleast 3 days... We are working with a planner here locally. We live in Jacksonville Florida. So if you need any additional info please let me know. Where are you from?

B
B
We are getting married at Matachica on 8.8.08 and processed an express license. Which avoided us having to be there three days in advance. Apparently it is a fairly new license process there in Belize which allows people to get married off of the cruise ships. I know that this is possible because we just got ours back, but Matachica was the only resort that I found that allows it. There was an additional fee for the process, but I found it well worth it. You will have to get the ball rolling quickly on it, because the process is fairly drawn out. Does anyone know of a local guitarist? I am looking for one to replace ours whom suddenly left the country. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I
I
We are using Pablo Collado.
Pablo Collado began his self - taught studies of flute at age 8 years and guitar at the age of 11 years . He began to compose music at the age of 12 years. He continued his musical studies at the National Conservatory of Music in Guatemala where he acquired skills in harmony, piano, traverse flute, musical notation, history of the music and more. Pablo Collado has performed in many artistic presentations and music concerts in several countries. I do not have his contact info because we booked him through the hotel. So maybe you could contact The Victoria House Hotel...hoe this helps

Pablo is a great musician and a trip to watch perform!!!

B
B
Does anyone have his contact information? Or could you please provide Victoria House's contact information? Thanks!

Me thinks he used to perform at Elvi's Kitchen during the Friday night Mayan Buffet. He is very talented...perhaps Iraida at Belize Travel and Tour can locate him. She makes arrangements for Belizian weddings and has access to the local talent.

Gone fishing!!
You do not need to be in Belize three days to receive a marriage license. You may apply for the express license which will allow you to marry anytime after arriving here in Belize. If you wish to apply for the express license you have plenty of time and we can do this as late as one month prior to your arrival. Please feel free to PM or email me if you have further questions on the standard or express license at [email protected]

Best Wishes,

Keli Engleson

Yes, Pablo is a great guitarist and even better flute player. If you need a photographer for your wedding day let me know. You can send me a PM. Please check out www.aqualandphotos.com for a sample.

C
cdunbar Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks you for your replies. Defitinely can use the info. I can't wait to get down there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.