Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
There are some new tenants in the house across the road from our place that live like pigs. Trash is getting thrown everywhere, a bootleg golf cart repair operation is running in the front yard, leaving mechanical debris strewn about. Heavy drinking has led to bottles being thrown out on the gavel road.
I am all for commerce, paying my fees,taxes, and licenses dutifully, building up and maintaining the roadway to a good standard, but am witnessing some incredibly destructive, willful behaviour.
What is the proper way to address this discomforting issue?? Polite conversation has not worked.
Is there a method that others have used to communicate to those that are choosing to "trash their surroundings"???
We are at the end of a short road and it is getting pretty nasty with trash.
I spoke to the landlord, she responded that, "I told them to clean up, but they won't do it."
Any help out there???

I've noticed the mayor is responsive to complaints like this. I would send a letter to her at the town board.
You'll find them helpful.
also at the town board is the trade licenses office . If they are running a business with out one he wants to know. also a responsive guy , he'll look them up in his data base and tell you instantly if they have a permit or not.
This town board is active in these types of issues.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Elbert,
I will follow that advice...

Just watch your back (and your property) if your neighbors figure out who reported them and take offense.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
OP Offline
S
Lan,

You seem pretty worldly, as a matter of record it was your input that got me onto Belize in the first place, so thank you for that...

How would YOU proceed with this peacefully?

I used to live in a house where the neighbors yard was completely trashed. It was very unfortunate and the children used to play on the piles and piles of trash. Many of the neighbors had brought this up to the town and their yard is still a mess.

T
T
Try cleaning the area up, this works. I personally cleaned up my street. The other neighbors, saw me do it. They soon respectfully kept their surroundings clean. Then the dogs were getting into their trash, real mess. I cleaned the area one last time, and put a 55 gallon trash barrels in 2 spots. I have not had a problem in years. Give it a try, you just might be surprised!

S
S
But that won't take care of the criminal activity.

T
T
I also cleaned up there property as well. The dogs can really make a mess. Its important to make sure the cans in the area are secured so they dont get turned over.

S
S
all well and good..but CALL THE COPS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.