Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#342345 - 06/24/09 04:05 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: belizeonthebeach]
Northern Canuck Offline
I understood that Belize adhered to the 'Metre Convention' and used the metric system for measurement. Why is the weather expressed in the old Imperial system?

#342346 - 06/24/09 04:12 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: Northern Canuck]
papashine Offline
News to me.

#342362 - 06/24/09 07:28 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: papashine]
SimonB Offline
Belize is not on metric.

#342376 - 06/24/09 09:52 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: SimonB]
Northern Canuck Offline
Oh, I just assumed that since the Gov't of Belize had celebrated the Metre Convention (http://news.caribseek.com/Belize/article_77801.shtml)
and that the only countries who are not using metric are the US, Burma and Liberia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_units) and that the Gov't of Belize uses metric in some of it's documents such as customs and excise (http://www.customs.gov.bz/duty.html) that Belize was in fact using the metric (SI) system...

#342383 - 06/24/09 11:15 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: Northern Canuck]
SimonB Offline
We buy food by the pound, fuel by the gallon, the only metric we have is the written weather forecast and it is both imperial and metric (temp only, wind is in knots).

#346447 - 07/27/09 01:50 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: SimonB]
beachbumin Offline
Looks like my favorite weather station is off the grid at this point. No updates since 07/24. Best station for finding out current conditions and the webcam is awesome also. Hope it is back online soon. Thanks Amanda and Cal

#346450 - 07/27/09 02:14 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: beachbumin]
Amanda Syme Offline
We haven't had internet service since friday - but we will get the site up and running asap.

If you are in San Pedro and see the BTL boys wandering around - send them to our house!
Cal and Amanda

#346454 - 07/27/09 03:22 PM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: Amanda Syme]
beachbumin Offline
It is back!! Thanks much

#348127 - 08/13/09 12:09 AM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: Amanda Syme]
ron Offline
Amanda, Your weather site has been very helpful to me in designing for my wind turbine in CC. The 31 day historical data gives me a good picture of the wind speed and direction. Unfortunately, it only gives the past 31 days. Is it possible to retrieve data from the past year with the same detail as the daily reports? Thanks.

#348138 - 08/13/09 09:29 AM Re: Web Cam & Weather Station [Re: ron]
Amanda Syme Offline
Hello Ron - it is actually my husband Cal's weather station. He can answer your query. I'll ask him later today. And we can post here or send you a pm. I know there are archives, just not sure exactly where they are stored.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Daily
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
More News...
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Facebook
SanPedroScoop

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
Belize Adventure
Romantic Travel
Building a New Life
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Snorkel from the beach at Tranquility Bay Resort - Belize Snorkeling - Belize Dive Resort
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Black Orchid Restaurant & Lounge, Our mission is To Provide each and every Guest with a Pleasant Dining Experienceg
Mini Chat

Low Air Fares
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!

Please support first step to natural tourism in Arenal Village, Cayo on Indiegogo campaign
Please support first step to natural tourism in Arenal Village, Cayo on Indiegogo campaign
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
17106 Members
44 Forums
56077 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 1262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.