Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291640 08/03/08 02:25 PM
OP Offline
If you are looking to buy land in Bullet Tree please be advised that land held by Mr. Greg Tebrich on the river front is not 6 acres, but 5.01. Mr.Tebrich seems to think that the acre adjacent to him is his to sell also. It is NOT FOR SALE by him. The one acre is however FOR SALE by me, Mr. T. Budd and I have all documents pertaining to my ownership and all taxes paid up to 2011. Please check carefully if you are looking at the Tebrich Property.

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
Skinny i never knew your real name. cool
T Budd,... got a ring to it.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Greg Tebrich is a very good friend of mine, and it was inconceivable to me that he would try to claim someone else's land as his own, so I asked him about it. His title shows he owns the whole 6 acres, and it pre-dates any paperwork you may possibly have, so it appears YOU are trying to sell HIS land! Greg has no intention of selling ANY of his land at all!

I can see why you would be upset by having been taken advantage of by the unscrupulous person you bought the land from, and the worse one they bought it from... but Greg has every legal claim and TITLE to the land, and had it first, so you should respect his rights and not malign him. If you have a problem with it, get your money back from Monica!

A deed of conveyance can show that somebody owned XX number of acres in the past, however as these tracts are subdivided and sold off in smaller chunks the original deed of conveyance doesn't change. But a research of the title would be made from the date that the root of title was last shown to be clear and would then continue on to the current date. All transactions regarding that title would be documented and would show if any tracts/lots/parcels have been sold off and are no longer included in the original title.

Certain types of title systems can be problematic if the buyer is not diligent in his research prior to purchasing property.

I would recommend a title search be conducted by a Belizean attorney in cases where the root of title is not proven to be iron clad.

Belize is gradually transfering all titles to the new registered land system which are much easier to understand and has closed many of the loop holes that are evident in the older systems.

Don't get me wrong, the old systems are good - if folks are diligent and hire professional consultants.

I don't know Greg Tebrich or Monica and am not commenting on this parcel of land, but rather trying to ensure that people realize that there are safe title systems in place in Belize.

OP Offline
Well put Amanda. And yes I did have a thourough title search done. His attorney apparently did not do as deep of a search. He would have seen the sub-division if he had.

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.