BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Cooper #292409 08/08/08 08:38 PM
C
C
Just to be real, yes now I do remember a rape, about 3 years ago, the guy was here from Belize City, the girl got hurt pretty bad, Boy back in the States rapes happened on an hourly basis............

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Allain,

It is nasty to stab the local people who just helped you in the back by writing this about their Island: "NEVER GO THERE - and let it know on every travel sites". It is ignorant to believe that after a short vacation, to know the Island better than the people who have lived there all their lives, and to believe that you only have to watch out for your 13-year old daughter here, while that is true in the entire world, even in France (Michel Fourniret).

Agreed on the complaint about Police, we have problems since this year with the local Police force. I think it is disgusting that they refused to help you. I think you are mainly upset about that, which I understand, also having a similar-aged daughter. I hope you will retract your call: "NEVER GO THERE - and let it know on every travel sites", thank the people who helped you and remember the smiley island.

Short

Live and let live
Short #292763 08/11/08 06:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you have the ability to keep things in perspective. I am just happy to hear it all ended well -- thank God. That's what's important.

On a lighter note, I WOULD have been arrested if it weren't for E -- he got me back on the chartered cat before I could press my luck any further with the locals. Five more minutes and I might have become a permanent inhabitant of Hattieville! wink

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Otteralum #292765 08/11/08 06:55 PM
Tiger Wolfe ahhh...hemmm... sorry... Otter, you were doing fine! However, I was a little worried when you spied the swings! wink

Take the road less traveled
divingcowgirl #292768 08/11/08 07:32 PM
swings or swingers? Oh, yeah -- SWINGS!!!!! you were such a party pooper spurs! Rum punch and swings -- what a great combo!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
bywarren #292793 08/11/08 11:17 PM
S
S
I am not a frequent poster, but an avid reader of this board. But had to chime in on this post (sorry)

I agree with ByWarren relative to "not shooting the messenger". And have also been in this position before - in a unfamiliar, strange place / country and unable to get assistance. I live in Ambergris Caye and my perception is that drug dealers seem to have increased (weekends especially), which is concerning.

This could be quite upsetting to tourists. Yes, before you go there, I know that crime happens in the US and other destination spots. However, this gentleman is communicating his fear, upset and his perception of these events. Can we just try to assist / reassure him rather than pick him apart?

Thanks for listening to this observation from the peanut gallery smile

SnoopysMom #292797 08/12/08 12:21 AM
Agreed -one of the problems here is what do people think is a crime-a lot of peiople I know take drugs and do not consider this a crime esp marijuana-crack is by most considered a crime-another is if someone who has contacts is caught committing a crime -he is generally released with perhaps a warning-maybe not-Guillani came with a no tolerance policy -that will not work here as most of the legal people live here have different ideas what a crime is-
Cooper there has been far more serious crimes in the last 8 years in Caye Caulker than AC

Pedro1 #292798 08/12/08 04:00 AM
OP Offline
Well, when i read all you're writting, i see that, as i do, you love your island and most of its inhabitants, but i'm not sure everybody is conscient of this main problem that tourism can feel when arriving on CC. I spent 3 months on CC, i spoke with many tourists and "always" heard about those problems!!! So, if you love your island, why don't you insist with your authorities to get rid of those people who discredit your paradise. Every body knows them, just read about CC on tourism sites and you'll agree whith me, i even read names of drug dealers on tripadvisor!!! for those who need ganja!!! what an advertisement!!! if you want Ccaulker to be one of the words best spots for drug tourism, just go on, your on the right way.

C
C
Pedro 2,
Absolutely think your wrong.... Pedro just by the 10 fold of population has many more crimes, as in any large City they just dont get publicized as in one with a much smaller population. C.C is not crime free..but its mostly cowedly crimes not aggressive, If Tourist, this is usually the young kids, would bolt their doors at night it would cut out half the crime, we have a big problem with guys turning knobs in the middle of the night, if your door aint locked at 3 a.m, you could be in for trouble. Not sure this is the place to address this but you remember a few years ago the murders on San Pedro, I think the break in at Elvis,or Fidos?? and then shortly a few other robberies that folks got killed. Sorry but lord knows I have made some statements and later been wrong but saying C.C has more crime , in so untrue. In this decade I havnt heard of that type of crime here. Domestic stuff, petty stuff, no murders.
Still both places are as far as I see up high on the safe list for visitors, safer than most tourist destinations..you just have to stay sober enough to know where your hotel is, not to get rowdy and stupid with the locals, and lock your door at night, most folks here will help out in a bad situation, most people here are the best in the world.....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #293769 08/18/08 03:06 PM
OP Offline
on the water taxi yesterday there was a 18 years girl crying because she has had hudge problems with two boys on CC ONE NAMED BIG STEEVE and the other real macau do you know theese names!!! on tripadvisor everyone can read it!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day