Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293149 08/14/08 06:09 PM
T
Teach Offline OP
OP Offline
T
How many elementary schools are there on AC?

Time flies when you are having rum!!!
G
G
Need to ask a more detailed question. What are you lookin to do with the answer?

are you looking for the public schools or a school of a certain affiliation (i.e. private)?

It's great to be .....

T
Teach Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I teach elementary school in a small rural town in Oregon and thought it might be fun for my 3rd grade class to communicate with students in AC. Something we do quite often. Students love it and it is good for them to learn about how others learn.
Thanks

Time flies when you are having rum!!!
There are a couple of possibilities that I can think of right away. check out Holy Cross Anglican http://www.holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/

Island Academy
//ambergriscaye.com/academy/

There are other schools
Isla Bonita Elementary
Maestro Reyes
New Horizon
L.I.F.E.
St. Peter's Elem.
San Pedro R. C.

I truly don't know much about the "other schools" list other than they were listed in the paper. Hopefully the websites on here will help

It's great to be .....

L.I.F.E. closed years ago, I had two children going there.

My understanding from conversations with island residents is that the San Pedro Roman Catholic elementary school is the "public" school for the island, financed in part by the government, in part by the Catholic Church and in part through a basic tuition fee. All other elementary schools are operated and funded by private organizations, primarily religious, and significantly greater tuition fees.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
B
B
You should check out Isla Bonita Elementary for this project. While it is considered private, the tuition fee is significantly less than others and the population is almost exclusively Belizean. My son attended the school for one year and we couldn't have been more impressed with how rigorous the curriculum was as well as the level of parent involvement. The class size is relatively small ( he had 11 in his class) so they are probably a little more adaptable to special projects like this one.
Good Luck with this, it sounds like a great idea.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.