Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#293596 - 08/17/08 05:59 PM Land Title slowness
Consuelo Offline
Hi there - just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the length of time to get title registered right now - we do know they were making changes and things were halted for a bit while there was an investigation into some possible fraudulent transactions (involving prior govt) but has started again - however we've been waiting since mid April - much slower than we expected. We trust our agent but definitely thought would be all done by now.

Thanks.

Connie

#293600 - 08/17/08 06:37 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Consuelo]
elbert Offline
not enough details ...sorry
you can find some very good information at
http://www.buy-belize.com/propertylaw/propertylaw.htm
you might also call 501 822 0646
thats the Lands office Titles Unit

Edited by elbert (08/17/08 06:53 PM)

#293603 - 08/17/08 07:04 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: elbert]
Consuelo Offline
Thanks Elbert - my husband did actually call and speak with someone there - waiting for a call back or email in the next few days - although we do trust our agent my hubby is just getting a little cautious now about this delay - is it real or not etc.

Cheers.

#293616 - 08/17/08 08:31 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Consuelo]
elbert Offline
I have a number for a Belizean lady that does title work for a living , sort of a paralegal for titles. I use her and have for a decade. PM me and I'll give you her name and number.

#293658 - 08/18/08 01:32 AM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: elbert]
Consuelo Offline
Thanks Elbert - for the moment just going to wait and see - but may get that for down the road.

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

#293828 - 08/19/08 02:20 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Consuelo]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
We bought a peice of property 2 years ago and still haven't received title for it, and are doing the paperwork ourselves. The election and change of government slowed things down, so they say, but how could it have gotten any slower than it was? You really need someone who is at the lands department every day, every day, every day, to push it through for you.

#293845 - 08/19/08 04:37 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Cybercayecaulker.com]
Inplub Offline
That is slow, I had Claudio Azueta at South Wind get my title and it only took a few months, but he was on holiday while the paper work was being submitted.

#293847 - 08/19/08 04:53 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Inplub]
ScubaLdy Offline
I bought my property directly from the owner. Together we went to the lands department and paid I paid them BZ $300 to type up the necessary paper. I got my title within 2 months. This was four years ago.
It may be worth a trip to Belmopan. I don't know how it is now but it used to be that many people held things up waiting for an offer of a "special meeting" that cost you money.

#293850 - 08/19/08 04:58 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: ScubaLdy]
Inplub Offline
Too true Harriete, got my title this year.

#293873 - 08/19/08 08:59 PM Re: Land Title slowness [Re: Inplub]
Consuelo Offline
Thanks everyone - our agent has been there a few times to check - he indicated he's only received so far 4 titles out of 38 that he has in for processing - he's been really frustrated by the slowness but says once the change over is all done it will be better in the future. He is experienced there and apparently has pull with people too. So I guess it will come when it comes - but hopefully pretty soon. I feel sorry too for the Vendor as although we are waiting for title - he is waiting for his money as it is held in trust until completion.

Yikes though - 2 years makes our delay seem fast tracked!

Connie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (steeplejack, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.