Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#293790 08/18/08 07:11 PM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
We moved to Texas a few weeks ago, and so it was inevitable that at some stage furniture shopping would loom on the horizon, and when I pulled up at the Verizon Store and found it was next to a "Leather Sofa Emporium" (I kid you not, that's what the sign said) it was time for some quick thinking.

We looked inside, and tried a couple of sleek looking contraptions with footrests and drink holders, and then just when it was looking dangerous, I took Jane in my arms and said "I don't need anything new, I have something I'm very comfortable with"

Now some of you gals may be thinking "Ah, Pug has a heart after all" and you'd all be correct, while the guys are saying "The a**hole just saved $3000", also reasonably true!

She teared up, and I got us outta there fast, but when all is said and done, the right partner affects the quality of ones life more than anything else

We have know each other for ever it seems, having met when we were 19 and loved each other ever since although we had that being married to someone else thing to deal with: when I found out in 1992 that we were both single, she moved from England to Hawaii, and that was it!

To be married to your best friend is pretty cool, which everyone who is lucky enough to have done so already knows, and its the little things that come from a lifetime of shared experiences that are irreplaceable

We were watching the Olympics a couple of nights ago and the Chinese had just won gold. At the medal ceremony, the swimmer started mouthing the words as their anthem was played. I turned to Jane and said "Everybody sing along now" and without a moments hesitation we both broke into a Goon 's song from 1956!

Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong , ying tong, ying tong diddle I po!

Here the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nebe1zuEtbc

Its moments like this that remind me on a daily basis how lucky I am to have found my soul mate, especially as she still had a few good years left when I got her in a turning 40 and divorced sale!

Heres a gal that will hold her head in despair, but then still giggle childishly before pulling my finger and then running a few steps away from ground zero!

So remember, even though that new sofa may look tempting, especially when theres the promise of her little strumpet of a sister the love seat thrown into the deal, the next thing you know you are having to change all the rest of the house around, and your life is thrown into chaos!

I have a chair that fits me perfectly, and even though its getting a little ragged around the edges and I may eye up a new recliner every now and again, I know when I'm well off!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
OMGA! Seriously! this is good sh*t, keep it coming pug. smile i had to share this with colleagues, as there is no copyrighted indication. you are highlarious. by the by, my better half and i have been hitched to each other's stars for 23 years now. its still a blast - cheers to you both.

Oh Pug, she's a lucky one as well. I agree, being married to your best friend is the best way to live. Congrats to you for being together for these years, and having the good sense to know that you are blessed.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Great story as usual pug. Thanks for sharing!
40 years on Sept 8 for us. Good God am I old! cry wink

Rykat #293801 08/18/08 09:35 PM
S
S
Lucky you, I never seem to get past 7. wink

SimonB #293802 08/18/08 09:36 PM
That must be some itch, Simon wink

Congratulations, Rykat, someone deserves a BIG metal.

Gail

S
S
And Lanacane just doesn't cut it.

SimonB #293808 08/18/08 10:29 PM
Pug, you two are very special. Keep 'em coming! Great!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #293813 08/19/08 02:54 AM
FINALLY! A post by pug with which I completely agree! smile
I don't know if there really is someone for everyone, but I do know how fortunate you are when you find the one that's for you.
A couple of years ago we were leaving a restaurant in San Francisco. We had parked several blocks away - uphill. While waiting for our coats I playfully whined, "It's a long way, can you carry me?" Turning to me with the most adoring look on his face, he replied, "No, but I'll drag you by the hair." Ain't love grand. smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Pug- smile
and to the rest of you honest folks - I agree smile

Last edited by NYgal; 08/19/08 07:32 AM. Reason: cause
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.