Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ditto, and ditto....

maybe the father would like to get on a table and be smacked and poked around for a bit....guessing he wouldnt like that idea at all

Change your Latitude
Then again Shuffles, he might...

Don't EVEN tempt me.... I'd be at the front of the line and then I'd run around to the end of the line and do it some more..
I can't EVEN watch Animal Planet when they show all the animal cruelty... I just want to "throttle" those people who abuse..
It was so hard when I worked as a vet tech not to just reach out and really hurt some people that brought in animals that were clearly "abused".....
(O.K. Spurs... calm down... breath deep, find happy place)...grrrrrrrrrrrr

Take the road less traveled
OP Offline
I'm humbled by your support.

My husband is 6.1 and is more than willing to take up the slack if the so-called owner shows up chest-to-chest(not that I couldn't be a vigilante-biatch if the occasion arises). What father would tolerate such action.

However...I will allow that perhaps he wasn't aware of his children's action? I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

True on giving the benefit of the doubt, I can understand that. But what I have a hard time wrapping my head around is parents that would allow such a thing to happen. When I look at it in one perspective, why would the father let the children have the puppy back? Would that not be a good lesson for the children, that if you treat the pets badly, they are not allowed to have them??? I for one (after spanking the brats) would make sure that the abused pet found a good home, and after much thought and time had passed, would I EVEN consider letting the children have one again.. JMHO.....

Take the road less traveled
L
L
Very well stated DCG. This man, nor his children deserve to own a pet.

Amy, thank you for saving the baby and I hope if the jerk comes your big hubby treats him the same way his miserable kids treated the pup.

This thing sickens me to the core. Amazing people/children could abuse harmless sweet animals. Goes to show us what the world is turning into I guess? SAD SAD SAD

I too applaud your action 'flipflop'...that is totally NOT to be tolerated behavior...for children OR adults...and be the victim dog, cat, horse, whatever!!! Here in CA (I think statewide?) if someone is reported for something like that...they can get arrested!! And if it's the children who are caught---the PARENT is also held responsible!!!

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
Amy,

Good for you! What the hell is wrong with our world that children would be torturing a helpless animal. So glad that you rescued the pup! God help those kids if they are that cold and indifferent at that age!

Bless you!!

Renee

R
R
Flip flop, Good on you. I would recommend that you report this to the police. It would put you on firmer ground if later the father/owner attempts to accuse you of stealing his dog and he goes to the police. You turned the puppy into SAGA so there should not be a problem. Just a suggestion.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
So sad. Thank you for stepping in and rescuing that puppy flip flop. When I was on the lecture circuit I had the opportunity to meet a gentleman called Dr. Frank Ascione from the University of Utah. He has devoted his research to exploring links between animal abuse and violence in human beings.

Years of research has enabled him to identify 13 reasons that children abuse animals. These are:

� Curiosity or exploration
� Peer pressure (e.g. an as initiation rite; goading by other children)
� Mood enhancement (to relieve boredom or depression)
� Sexual gratification (bestiality)
� Forced abuse (i.e. the child is coerced into abusing an animal by a more
powerful individual - like a parent)
� Attachment to an animal (the child kills the animal to prevent it from being
tortured by someone else)
� Animal phobias (preemptive attack on a feared animal)
� Identification with the child's offender (e.g. victimized child may try to regain
a sense of power by victimizing a more vulnerable animal)
� Post-traumatic play (i.e. re-enacting violent episodes with an animal as
victim)
� Imitation (i.e. copying an abusive adult's behavior)
� Self-injury (i.e. using an animal to inflict injuries on the child's own body)
� Vehicle for emotional abuse (e.g. injuring a sibling's pet to frighten the
sibling)
� Rehearsal for interpersonal violence

Understanding the reasons why children commit abuse against animals is a powerful tool in helping us to prevent it. If you would like to read more about this, the Juvenile Justice Bulletin has an excellent article here http://www.ncjrs.gov/html/ojjdp/jjbul2001_9_2/contents.html

In my own experience dealing with animal abuse and cruelty, I would suggest that these children are victims of abuse themselves, experiencing and witnessing violence in their own home. Child Protection Services in many countries around the world see animal abuse committed by children as an indicator of violence in the home.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Often these kids are victims of domestic violence, physical abuse, or sexual abuse and will grow up to be perpetrators themselves. Most, if not all, mass murderers started by abusing animals. In an older child this is labeled Conduct Disorder, and there is no treatment for this. I too would suggest filing a police report. Protect yourself, and possibly get the kids the help they need before it's too late.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.