Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#294638 08/25/08 04:51 PM
R
rusag2 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello everyone. I was just reading about a place on Ambergris Caye, and it was described as being "north of 'the cut'"

Can anyone tell me where "The Cut" is on the island?

Very confusing.

Cheers all

It runs directly under the bridge!

At the north end of town(San Pedro), perhaps a mile up the beach from the ferry terminal and the water taxi, its the entry to the lagoon and the west side of the town.

Locate reef Village on a map,and you can't help but see it just to the south.

In real terms, north of the cut means a toll charge each time you cross the bridge in a golf cart!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Rusag2
Check out the blog for Holly Cross (school just north of the cut, with the red roofs). There is an amazing aerial shot that shows the bridge.

http://www.holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/

Also for the record, the `road` north of the cut is not at all like the streets in town. Something to consider when booking. No cars are allowed across the bridge but you can take a golf cart over (for a fee).

Enjoy your visit to San Pedro..
Gail cool

The "Cut" is just south of Heaven!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
the cut is also sometimes in reference to natural breaks in the reef the reef where boats can go in and out of the inter Lagoon area.
There is one every mile or so along the reef, Hol Chan is a cut, and in fact the words in Maya means just that. Mexico Rocks Cut',Tres Cocos Cut', Mata Cut, and the big one in fount of town called the Tuffy Cut.
The bridge goes over a river dividing the town from the civilized part of the island. I've heard it referred to as a cut but I don't think thats what it is.
I think Cay Caulker refers to theirs as a 'split', but still refers to the breaks in the reef as 'Cuts'. The Caye Caulker Cut' is in frount of the Caye Caulker island and is the dorway to the outside reef we use to get to The Great Blue Hole'.
I've had my coffee!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Tell us the name of the place you are looking for and I'm sure someone will tell you where it is located.

Reality..What a concept!
rusag2,
The Cut is a gap in the island just north of town. Things "north of The Cut" are north of town, just across the bridge. Does that clear things up a little?

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
You are really confusing rugsag2. Yes you are right of course!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.