Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#294922 08/27/08 08:04 AM
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
I must be in an irritable mood this morning. I received a promotional email from Trip Advisor. They have a new service called 'Tank of Gas'. It is a way for people to find out about affordable, local destinations. So, I tried San Pedro, which is on their list of starting points. Now, I realise that it is a stretch of the imagination that you can get anywhere on a tank of gas from San Pedro without a boat, but nevertheless, I gave it a go.

According to Trip Advisor, there are no destinations in Belize and it only directs you to destinations in Mexico. Tulum, Cozumel and Merida are apparently the only places worth visiting on a tank of gas from San Pedro.

I was irritated enough to complain. If you want to check it out yourself Trip Advisor Tank of Gas

BTB where are you? Get Belize on Trip Advisor's map.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Collyk, I have been back in the States for 6 months since my trip to Belize. I have worn a Belize cap (I have 4) every day and a Belize theme t-shirt on weekends. I'm in a small town in Northern Arizona, but have traveled to Phoenix and Las Vegas on several occasions wearing my Belize gear. During this time I have had only one person ask me "where is Belize?" Only one! Now I'm not shy, or scary, so I've told lots of people that didn't ask, but only 1! It is still the best kept secret!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Where the H@ll is Bay Leeze?

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
C
C
When we weren in Niagra Falls last month, my husband was wearing one of his Belikin shirts, as we were walking down a very busy sidewalk, these 2 ladies stopped us and said "we know where you got that t-shirt" so we chuckled about it, chatted for a minute and went our ways. Funny how things like that happen.

Live Laugh Love
C
C
Colomojo,
I was in Niagara last month also!!!! And I would have said something had I seen you in a Belikin shirt!
Hope you enjoyed your trip. I was a tour guide there for 4 years, during the dark ages (I was there for my 30 year class reunion, so it really was the dark ages.)
Cheerz,
Vicki

carb, maybe that's why nobody knows!!

colo, glad you are back!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
when i wear my belize tees, i've had people stop and ask "where in mexico is belize" or "what country is that in"...

I have had many people ask me where is Belize. The question of course is easy enough to answer - None of your business, it's my personal paradise, you are not invited. grin Then I tell them the location and fill them in on the wonder of Belize.

As far as Belize wear, I have plenty of t's, caps, wraps, etc. One day while wearing my Jaguar Paw, When was the last time you tried something for the first time, T-shirt I ran into a lady wearing the same shirt. We talked for almost 20 minutes about all kinds of things including: zip lining, cave tubing, beverages we enjoyed, different resorts and Belize in general. It was only when her daughter let out an anguished sigh that we ended our conversation.

What a blast. More people should really take the opportunity to check out Belize.

It's great to be .....

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm torn between the fact that it is a wonderfully kept secret and the fact that Belize depends on tourism. I love it here but would like to see my neighbours and friends thrive in business. Belize has so much to offer, particularly on the mainland. I hope that those visiting San Pedro make sure they spend time on mainland Belize to see what a glorious country this is.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.