Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#294403 08/23/08 06:51 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I'll be down the first 2 weeks of Oct. and was wondering about the bonefishing/weather/etc./etc. during this time peroid.
I run my own charterboats year round on the Outer Islands of North Carolina out of Hatteras,NC
Any info would be greatly appeciated.
One of my buds was down last Jan. and turned me on to this area.
He said everything was FIRST CLASS
Thanks in advance
Rick Caton
Custom Sound Charters
Hatteras,North Carolina
www.customsoundcharters.com

C
C
It will be hot, that's for sure, and its rainey season, however, this year we haven't gotten as much rain as we expected. There usually isn't a hard breeze blowing this time of the year, unless there is a storm. And because its the slow season, tour operators will probably give you a good deal on charters.

F
OP Offline
F
CCC,
Thanks for the reply.Does at rain every day that time of year??...and when ya say hot ,...how hot??
As far as the fishing goes... I was just mainly wondering about just bumbling around the Island myself.
My bud was there in Jan. and said he caught some bones right out front where he was staying ....Casa Rosa I think is where he was.
Thanks

S
S
I was on AC in November a few years back and I would not say it was too hot but it rained every day sometimes 2 or more times per day. Out of 10 days it did not rain maybe 1 or 2. But the days were not complete rain outs at all. And if this makes you feel better it was my husbands best fishing - he caught permits -like 2 per day or more and large numbers of bones. OH and bring lots of bug spray - after the rain comes the skeeters.

F
OP Offline
F
Seashell,
Thanks for the heads up on the rain ,fish,and skeeters,....we will be taking some spray

F
OP Offline
F
Still would like a little input from some of you all who have done the Bonefish gig down there.
Thanks

Freeagent, My son and I will be in San Pedro Oct 6>10 and will fish bones and whatever is to be found. The locations will probably include Congrejo Caye, Caye Caulker and Long Caye. The catch hopefully will include Bones (every day), juvenile tarpon (>#40) and permit. While the weather is a little unpredictable the fishing should be great. I fish there 5>6 times a year. I.M. me if you want more. Don greife

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
D
D
Fishing will be fine. Bring your rod,not an exoensive one!!, some water shoes if your feet aren't tough a few flys and enjoy.
Bring DEET 80-100% Not back woods, DEET 100%!!!!!
Start walking south and cast keepwalking and casting.
I am not a serious fisherman but have watched many from my hammok. Don't be suprised if after hooking one and during the retrieve you see a flash and half the the bonie is gone, what a bummer!!! But barras have to eat too!!

Oh, did I mention DEET 100%
ENJOY

F
OP Offline
F
DanDan,
The question is.....will I be allowed to bring the Deet 100% on the airplane????............simple things like that are now complicated.I do appreciaqte the heads up on the skeeters

100 ml (3 oz) is the limit per container of liquid allowed as carry on. That isn't 100 ml in a 300 ml bottle either.

Stow it in your checked luggage if possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day