Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#296408 - 09/02/08 10:26 PM Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure
Don Greife Offline
Today was Continental's day to publish its "weekend Specials" (buy today,fly Saturday, return Tuesday). The web site said "There are no specials this week" The oil market has been in freefall for a week. Oil was below $100 during the trading today. CAL was up 10% today closing just below $18. I'd have to guess the next plan will be to add $25 to check a bag and $15 to carry one on, and NO MORE MUFFINS
American still has some reasonable fares to CA/Mexico.

#296411 - 09/02/08 10:36 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: Don Greife]
klcman Offline
Don, Don, Don....

Go look again. You were obviously looking at last week's (Holiday weekend) listings when there are never any Specials...(just like the last time you brought this up) smile

#296522 - 09/03/08 10:15 AM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: klcman]
Ernie B Offline
Don, I dont know where you get your market quotes from,, but oil is $108, never dropped below $100 in trading yesterday.

#296525 - 09/03/08 12:50 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: Ernie B]
sweetjane Offline
i saw on tv last night that gas prices are SOOO bad, poor P.Diddy videoed himself being forced to fly on a *GASP* "commercial plane"!!! he was so upset at the cost of flying his private jet from NY to LA ($200,000 r/t he says) that he had no choice but to fly first class on a REGULAR AIRLINE! oh, the poor guy! you should have seen him having to go thru TSA at LAX just like a COMMON PERSON!! how humiliating it must have been for him...

#296579 - 09/03/08 04:31 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: sweetjane]
travelqueen Offline
Don your email is stupid and makes no sense at all. Why do you insist on posting stuff you know nothing about?

Weren't you calling yourself the "ugly american tourist"? eek

#296620 - 09/03/08 07:15 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: travelqueen]
travelqueen Offline
Oh and check baggage fee announcement will go out tomorrow. Only for domestic travel and not implimented for elite folks... airline must be doing just fine!!

#296785 - 09/04/08 05:13 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: travelqueen]
Don Greife Offline
T.Q. Perhaps you are right. I'll stop emailing you. I'm still the Ugly American Tourist. (I'm a tourist, I'm American and definately old and ugly). Also, dumber than a box of rocks, it would seem and in need of a keeper who can direct me to the Belikins and light my Cuban cigar. Hope this makes sense.

#296792 - 09/04/08 06:01 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: Don Greife]
travelqueen Offline
It just seems like you're a hater of the airlines... but I can understand that. Times are tough and it affects us all.

I apologize for my post, insulting yours. I just don't get how the airlines can not be hurting when they are laying off folks left and right AND they are loosing money... I don't get it.

It's all good though.

#296799 - 09/04/08 06:55 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: travelqueen]
hollandboy Offline
Just bought a round trip ticket with continental for less then $688 tax/fees included from lax-bze....
Dont think its too bad of a price though.

#296803 - 09/04/08 07:14 PM Re: Continental IS NOT hurting-- Go Figure [Re: Don Greife]
deadserious Offline
Originally Posted By: Don Greife
Today was Continental's day to publish its "weekend Specials"Oil was below $100 during the trading today.

Let me just point out that the price of oil today doesn't effect the price the airline pays for it's fuel at all, unless the airline is renegotiating it's contract today.

Airlines purchase long term contracts for fuel at a set price. They guarantee to buy x gallons at y price for z years. The only price that matters is the price the day that the contract is renegotiated and the expectation of what that price will be throughout the contract. I don't know if Continental is currently renegotiating fuel contracts, but they may be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (lomckenna, Marty), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,023 Topics
462,214 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.