Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Not at all B&G: I do not advocate personal attacks against family by anyone for anyone.

Chelsea was cared for while Hillary and Bill were both working* or at least not home!

I don't know if you saw her at Hillary's speech last week but she turned out to be very hot, much to my surprise and maybe a few others too. The point was that Todd would not be Salmon fishing quite as much in Washington, and if the concept of equality is ever to gain traction, then it is simply outrageous to designate "womens" roles to a female who doesn't fit the Naral mold or ideal of how to achieve success or career advancement?

*lets just go with working so as not to get sidetracked !

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
My comment did not pertain to "any woman in a powerful and time consuming position." It pertained to a woman who consistently holds herself out as the mother of five children - one with "special needs" - and has publically pledged to support and help raise her grandchild to be. Thus the "mommy title." Additionally, she now has demonstrated she has limited experience in public office and even less in any real decision making. Thus the "playing governor" portion of the comment.

You know, deadserious,"most women" aren't any one thing. However, your repeated insistance that they are is a more than adequate illustration of one of the biggest problems the republican party is presently facing.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
OK, LA then by that reasoning the only way this country would ever have a woman as Prez or VP is if she were a widow, divorcee or dyke?
Oh wait....too old, kids grown up and gone............Hey....that should have been Hillary! wink

So if I understand some of the comments correctly, a woman can only be VP or Pres if she has no children or is older and has already raised a family. Talk about a double standard. That sets women back. Oddly it seems more females are of this opinion than males or that is my impression as I do not know all posters gender. And where is it proven that a woman should be the primary caregiver? I do not question the nuturing qualities of a mother. But if BHO can be away from home while he has 2 very young children it only seems that SP can be away while she has a husband and older children to care for her family. I am not taking sides, as I am looking from the outside in both windows.

Last edited by 2aggies; 09/05/08 03:13 PM. Reason: grammar

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
Originally Posted by Leah-Ann
You know, deadserious,"most women" aren't any one thing. However, your repeated insistance that they are is a more than adequate illustration of one of the biggest problems the republican party is presently facing.

I think I had just stated that most women aren't any one thing. So I'm confused by your statement.

rykat, you must learn to read all the way to the bottom of a post before jumping in. wink

Now go back and read my second paragraph, apply all of the reasoning skills you have (despite what many believe, I know you actually have some wink ) and see if you can't perhaps come to a just slightly different conclusion. smile

Originally Posted by 2aggies
So if I understand some of the comments correctly, I woman can only be VP or Pres if she has no children or is older and has already raised a family. Talk about a double standard. That sets women back. Oddly it seems more females are of this opinion than males or that is my impression as I do not know all posters gender. And where is it proven that a woman should be the primary caregiver? I do not question the nuturing qualities of a mother. But if BHO can be away from home while he has 2 very young children it only seems that SP can be away while she has a husband and older children to care for her family. I am not taking sides, as I am looking from the outside in both windows.

amen

2 aggies - ditto to my last post to rykat, except in your case I'm not so sure about whether you possess reasoning skills

yeah sure you edited and added that blush wink

My conclusion is:
God is Love
Love is blind
Ray Charles was blind
Ray Charles was God

How's that LA............. smile

LA - so I don't type so fast. As to whether you know what skills I possess you are awfully quick to attack someone you know nothing about. This is a great example of how these threads turn mean.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.