Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297184 - 09/06/08 10:06 AM geting there
surfman Offline
Another newbie question for y'all, if you don't mind. Making final plans for a two week stay in March on AC. Is there any appreciable difference between the two airlines that fly from BZE to San Pedro, or is it pretty much even? How much time do I need to allow for customs, luggage, etc. and to get to Tropic or Maya terminals after arrival at BZE? Flight arrives there around 1PM.
Thanks.
Surfman

#297189 - 09/06/08 12:19 PM Re: geting there [Re: surfman]
sweetjane Offline
not much diff, i think. sometimes maya offers a 'cash' discount.

most lodgings offer to make the local flt reservation for you...just give them your flight # & arrival time.

i give i guess 30 min or so for customs & luggage. there is only one departure lounge for all outgoing flights - airport is pretty small and easy to get around. with either local airlines, if you miss one flight, they'll just put you on the next. i think they run every hour on the X:40, so you could prob catch the 1:40. if not, take the 2:40.

it's easy! no problem, mon!

#297190 - 09/06/08 12:39 PM Re: geting there [Re: sweetjane]
terrielinn Offline
SJ: I think you forgot to include time for the stop at Jett's bar. wink LOL

That makes it more likely to need to take the "next" flight.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You may now return to serious programming.

#297192 - 09/06/08 12:49 PM Re: geting there [Re: terrielinn]
sweetjane Offline
laugh @ terri - you're funny!

i don't drink, and i get too excited anymore to just GET MY FEET IN THE SAND ASAP!

plus, with the Lime Bar 10 steps from tropic...i'll get hunny his 1st belikin 20 minutes later(so i can get on that island already!) and save jet's for the way home, when i HAVE to be there for 1.5 hours anyway. we call it 'compromise' wink

#297193 - 09/06/08 12:50 PM Re: geting there [Re: sweetjane]
terrielinn Offline
LUV it SJ laugh cool

#297216 - 09/06/08 03:56 PM Re: geting there [Re: surfman]
azbob Offline
surf, when I went in March my plane was delayed out of Huston. I had reservations on Tropic, on the internet, for the last flight to AC. I arrived 30 minutes late at the airport and they were waiting for me!!! Seems like this is norm for past comments on the Board. If they know you are coming, they will make arrangements. Great service. I've also heard many good things about Maya also, just make reservations.

#297226 - 09/06/08 04:57 PM Re: geting there [Re: azbob]
Bobber Offline
Heavy sigh. I wish that all airlines were as attentive to the customer needs as Tropic and Maya. My experience has been that if you have paid them to get you from A to B, they will damn well make sure you get there in a timely fashion. They are exceptional. smile

#297236 - 09/06/08 06:35 PM Re: geting there [Re: Bobber]
skippy Offline
When we arrived via American in May, we zipped through customs, checked in with Maya, and they put us on the plane that was leaving at the time, which was the flight before the one we had reservations for. We didn't even have to ask. That was sweet.

#297238 - 09/06/08 06:44 PM Re: geting there [Re: skippy]
kris48 Offline
Our flight arrived late in June. No problem, once Tropic learned we were on "that" AA flight, we were on the very next flight to the island.

#297300 - 09/07/08 12:35 PM Re: geting there [Re: kris48]
crockhunter Offline
We missed our connecting flight in Houston last Feb and consequently were put on a a two hour later flight. While killing time at Houston, another couple from Mineapolis asked if we had contacted Tropic to tell them we were delayed. I said we never make reservations. When we got to Belize City, we went through customs and walked up to Maya's counter paid the discounted cash price and got the last seats on the next flight to San Pedro in about 10 minutes. so I wouldn't get too concerned about reservations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.