Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24 >
Topic Options
#297645 - 09/09/08 12:51 PM San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off!
carbunkletrumpet Offline
Sunday, November 23rd @ BCís Beach bar, Time- 3:ish

In the big debate between who has the best BBQ one could argue that it is a 3 way tie between "Memphis" style, "Kansas City" Style and even "Texan" style (snicker snicker). Now even a bigger debate would be who has the best BBQ Sauce so circle November 23rd on your calendar as we will have the first annual Peopleís Choice BBQ sauce contest.

To be a judge is pretty easy as you will pay for a official ballot and you get to sample all of the entries and then vote on your favorite, you can judge as many times as you wish.
At the conclusion of the contest we will announce the winner and the winner of the First Annual San Pedro Sauce BBQ Sauce off will donate said winnings to a charity of their choice. Maybe we can have a trophy if it doesnít go the way of the Reaper cup.

So if you think you got a good BBQ sauce then by all means please enter as your sauce can either be homemade or pre-bottled and we will accept all styles (Ketchup based, Mustard based, and Vinegar based) for the contest. Now the competition is going to be tough as the bragging rights are huge and those who have already thrown their basting mop into the bucket include;

The "Sweet but Sassy" BBQ Sauce by Shuffles

The "We donít call our sauces Masterpiece for nothing" sauce by KC Jayhawk

The "You go big or you go home" BBQ sauce by PalapaPappa

The "This stuff is so good it will make ya slap Momma twice on Sunday" Memphis BBQ sauce by Carbunkle Trumpet

The "Keep talking boys and girls, in Texas we do 2 things well and BBQ Sauce is one of them" Sauce by Divingcowgirl

The biggest problem that I see (other than keeping DCG, KC Jayhawk and myself from drinking all the beer) is finding an impartial ballot counter, anyone know where we can find one of those?

So how about it ChuckyRuth, Lonesum, and any of the others who I may be missing out who are also BBQ sauce aficionados you up for the challenge? We hope that you can attend and hopefully we can have a little fun on a Sunday!

#297812 - 09/09/08 09:48 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
Leah-Ann Offline
Even though Californians don't BBQ (we "grill") count me in. I'll be there with my "It's so good it should be a felony" offering.

And remember: res ipsa lager - the beer speaks for itself... wink

#297814 - 09/09/08 09:59 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: Leah-Ann]
sweetjane Offline
i could never choose between all these wonderful people (and food) that i like so well, but maybe my hunny (and former chef), Bruce, would make a fair judge? or one of a panel?

#297818 - 09/09/08 10:07 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: sweetjane]
travelqueen Offline
Changing my travel plans so that I can be there!...

#297820 - 09/09/08 10:13 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: travelqueen]
Chloe Offline
TQ you go Girl!!!

#297821 - 09/09/08 10:14 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: travelqueen]
AdvantageRealty Offline
Can I exhibit my Belize BBQ Sauce and some wing sauce? Not sure I am allowed to enter the competition.

#297822 - 09/09/08 10:18 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: AdvantageRealty]
Leah-Ann Offline
YES!!!! I'm thinking it must be SINfully delicious!

#297823 - 09/09/08 10:18 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: Leah-Ann]
Leah-Ann Offline
Yeah, TQ! was it all that arm-twisting I did this morning? wink

#297829 - 09/09/08 10:25 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: AdvantageRealty]
pugwash Offline
Originally Posted By: AdvantageRealty
Can I exhibit my Belize BBQ Sauce and some wing sauce?

Colonel Burkeys secret herbs and spices?

I keep eating, and I keep getting hungrier........

Edited by pugwash (09/09/08 10:26 PM)
Edit Reason: couldn't spell SIN

#297835 - 09/09/08 10:37 PM Re: San Pedro Peoples Choice BBQ Sauce off! [Re: Leah-Ann]
carbunkletrumpet Offline
Man this is great! Keep em comming Gang!
LA - We welcome your tofu offering of California BBQ sauce
TQ - glad you came to your senses and are going to play with the rest of the kids that weekend!
Chris - we welcome all, not sure if we will have time for a wing sauce this time around but bring what you got!
SJ - does hunny accept bribes? If so SURE! This actually is going to be people's choice but we welcome his input!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,253 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.