Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#298695 09/13/08 04:07 PM
OP Offline
My husband and I will be visiting Ambergris Caye in November. We have never been there before.

Can anyone offer information for that time of the year? Weather, events, fishing, diving, etc. We will be there on the 27th which I understand is the "birthday" for San Pedro. Is this correct and if so, what type of local celebrations are taking place? We are so excited and can't wait. It's been a long time since we've had an opportunity to get away and destress ourselves.

Also, what about the mosquitos and bugs this time of the year? They love me and so I will definately be taking Deet, but is it generally better or worse than other times of the year?

Anyone have any suggestions as to what NOT to do or go (and why)?

i can only answer some of this. the weather is generally nice, not as hot as some times of the year. the bugs shouldnt be too bad, but i always bring some spray with deet & benedryl cream, just in case.

there is plenty to do, or not to do, any time of year. and lots of good food. just bring your swimsuit and an open mind. smile

Nov sure is hit or miss. Can go weeks with great weather or a week of hard rains. I remember my father getting all bit up two years ago in November when it rained the entire week straight. I also remember plenty of Novembers with weeks of no rain except during the middle of the night.

Ah ha - more Thanksgiving weekend visitors! We're heading down on the 26th. We've been before in Nov, (We are actually in the process of purchasing a lot for future retirement home!!) so here's a few Hints: Yes--take a good bug spray or wipes. AND...this is something we learned during a spring visit when 'bugs' were happily reproducing... take an inexpensive set of rubber drain plugs. Especially if you are particularly concerned about bugs in your room/suite,whatever...it seems that somehow these visitors can come up through drains,etc. We didn't have problems in Nov., but once we put plugs in the drains during our spring trip...no problem!! We take plugs "just in case"...they don't take much suitcase room.
Weatherwise--it can be "rainy"...but when we were there the rain was always of short duration and then everything quickly dried up..and if you have a patio/balcony with a water view-the rain showers are lovely to watch!!
YOU'LL LOVE AC!!!

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
M
M
Have you made your reservations at the local hotels? If not you may want to checkout other options including private properties, all you need to do is contact us at [email protected]

OP Offline
Yes, reservations are made. We opted for a smaller venue of Cocotal Inn and hope it lives up to the reviews we've read about.

As a newbie to the cayes, can anyone suggest anyone in partiuclar for fishing? Husband likes fly fishing, thinking of maybe bone fishing or maybe something else. Any suggestions? I'm sure we will also do some diving.

What about any favorite places for a cold Belkin? Why are they your favorite?

We can't wait!

I think you will be hapy at Cocotal. The owner, Tanya, has put her heart and soul into this place. Elbert Greer runs the dive shop right next door at White Sands and he may have someone for you to use for fishing.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
I had some dive customers staying there recently and they seemed to like it. Didn't rave about it, but then they weren't the sort of people to rave about anything!

Elbert will look after you very well for diving, and I think he'll also be able to point you towards a good fishing guide. I suggest that on at least one morning you go out with Elbert on one of his birdwatching expeditions. He leaves around dawn and goes to some of the small islands behind AC, and he knows a great deal about it. he's also no mean bird photographer, as you can see in the photo forum here.

Cocotal is great! You'll love it and Tanya is wonderful.

White Sands is also a great place next door with a beautiful bar.
Have fun.

Make sure you get to BC's bar on Sunday afternoon for a beach BBQ and music jam. Cold Belikin's and you will meet great people. Every Sunday even in the rain! Kick back, relax and completely enjoy!
laugh

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.