Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299164 - 09/17/08 05:36 PM Golf carts
teddy Offline
We're visiting for the first time and very excited, I might add. Does anybody have a preference company for a 4 seater golf cart rental? There seems to be many but most don't post their rates!! We're looking to save money so that we can do some tours...And speaking of tours, any suggestions for snorkeling, cave tubing. You also have alot of tour operators.... Any specials for off season? Thanks

#299167 - 09/17/08 05:51 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: teddy]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
The rates do not vary too much. Here is a rate sheet
http://ambergriscaye.com/islandgolfcarts/

#299168 - 09/17/08 05:53 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: teddy]
2Aggies Offline
Teddy - leaving in 10 days. I have priced and the best posted rates are @220 U.S.$ for 7 days from Crystal and Island Tours. I have been told in private mail that during low season you can wait until you get there and "negotiate" a little better rate, especially for cash. Our 1st trip to the caye (been to the mainland) so I have not verified. Everyone seems to be negotiable somewhat as long as you are reasonable. They do have to make a living. We are waiting to see how getting around on a bike looks and may try to reduce the emmissions. Not a good option for the cart rental folks, but we try to be green when possible and hope to preserve the island serenity.
Also have had it mentioned to share with someone if you find someone you think would be compatable. If we rent we will offer rides to locals when passing them and I understand the kids love to hitch a ride.
Same thing to tours during low season. Some things we have discovered are closed, but there are plenty of options and we are going to book after arrival. Hope this helps a little.

#299169 - 09/17/08 05:55 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: 2Aggies]
That is about right. On average you'll find advertised rates $250 US for a week

#299173 - 09/17/08 05:59 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: 2Aggies]
sweetjane Offline
there have been some issues in the past with island/crystal carts. you might want to run a search to read. i personally will not use them.

*i-do* is right, many outfits are about the same in pricing.

our last 2 trips we used Castle Cars, and got a rate of (around $244 for the week. everything on the cart worked. no problems. they'll deliver and pick up wherever you want. they are always very easy to work with, respond quickly to emails, and always smile. cool

#299180 - 09/17/08 06:26 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: teddy]
Loansum-Al K Offline
Before we bought our own cart we used Cholo's for years. Extremely nice people and very accomodating.

#299181 - 09/17/08 06:33 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: Loansum-Al K]
azbob Offline
Agree with sweetjane, Castle Cart was great work with and no issues arose. You must remember to lock out your steering wheel and take the ignition key. Carts are occasionally stolen and there is no additional insurance so you are responsible.

#299182 - 09/17/08 06:46 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: azbob]
occasionally...hmmm??
just joking and being funny.

#299186 - 09/17/08 07:18 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
hollandboy Offline
Talk to Cholos, your wallet will be happy....
Used them for years now and no complaints.

#299188 - 09/17/08 07:30 PM Re: Golf carts [Re: sweetjane]
2Aggies Offline
SJ - thanks for the heads up. I have been reading this board for several months and trust most of what is said here. We have found listening to the regulars or locals prevents us from having problems. We'll talk to Castle when we get there. I enjoyed your trip report, your boys looked like they were having a good time. Lucky guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.