Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#298843 09/14/08 06:52 PM
OP Offline
http://www.pbase.com/lydia_langston/san_pedro_aug_08

Aug. 25th, last full day in San Pedro. Taco Girl is cooking fresh fish from Saturday's catch with Capt. Jeff for dinner, so we run into town to rustle up some fresh veggies to go with it. While running around town looking for veggies and good bargains we are famished and decide to go to Warguma's for one of their "arm-sized" burritos. The lobster burrito wasn't being served until 3:00 pm, so we settle for a shrimp one.. Which did not disappoint at all!! I had to laugh at the couple sitting next to us, because when they got their two burritos, the woman gasped at the size of it�.. It was obvious they were first timers there!! Mary came by and we chatted for a bit. She was looking for information on where to buy various supplies for school and home. We head home and I drop off my day's purchases and take a trek by Canucks for one last drink and chat with the locals.
Dinner was great! Taco Girl cooked up some fish and curried fresh veggies. Taco Girl, Taco Boy, Rick, Wade the Gringo any myself stuffed ourselves then headed outside to the veranda where we told jokes and laughed ourselves silly. Being a Monday night a few of us head over to Road Kill and Canucks for one last night on the island. I really enjoyed listening to the Usual Suspects at Road Kill and chatting with Drummer Dan and Lil Red after the session. It's getting late and I head back to the Taco Mansion.
Lying in bed I realize that I am listening to the music from the Black and White bar for the last time. I rise and walk out on the front veranda. Listening to the night sounds of the music from the bar, seeing people walking down the streets, hearing the sounds of the golf carts heading off into the night and looking at the last bit of moon hanging in the night sky surrounded by stars, I realize how much San Pedro has grown on me. It's not just one thing but an accumulation of several things of why I feel so comfortable when I'm there.
From the beauty of the reef, the fish life that surrounds the island (fishing and diving) the friendliness of all that live on the island and the feel of the island itself, one can't help but fall in love with it. Every place has its own "vibe", its own feeling. Not every place is for everyone, but when you find your "home"� all I can say is � "welcome back".
Leaving out the next day, I head over to BC's for my last island rum punch and run into Wade the Gringo. He comes over to Tropic and he, Taco Girl and Taco Boy all say last good byes�
Taxing down the run way, gathering altitude, I am reminded of a George Strait song� "Marina de Rey" in the song one line goes�." As the plane touches down, tears touch my eyes for I have found, my heart has stayed�." �����.. In San Pedro for me��
One last rum punch at Jets and I'm north bound�. Reality awaits and once again, I'm left with good memories and good friends in San Pedro.
I would like to say a heartfelt Thank You to the ones that I've had the pleasure of meeting, hanging with and just getting to know.
But most of all�. I want to give the biggest shout out to Taco Girl and Taco Boy! Words cannot express my gratitude for the both of you opening your home and your hearts to me. How in the world could anyone begin to think of opening their lives to a crazy, fun loving Texas gal such as myself, but you did. And for that I am eternally grateful. I considered it a privilege when you thought of me as a roommate. Makes it feel more like home. Thank you for your kindness and your friendship. I consider you both a jewel of San Pedro.
A few pictures I left for viewing enjoyment. Till I hear the words again "Welcome Back"
Peace to All
Spurs

Take the road less traveled
Spurs, loved all parts of your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Dare To Deviate
xlnt report...thanx...see ya in november!

"Dinner was great! Taco Girl cooked up some fish and curried fresh veggies."

Yes it was and great company. Great report!!

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Continuning applause, clap, clap, clap, clap! November is right around the corner. Hank tight Spurs!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Wow... great report! I have visited SP once and will always want to come back again sometime...

RMT Offline
Wonderful trip report Dcg!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post it.

Super report, kiddo.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

great job, girlfriend. loved it, you really caught the sentiment. thanks.

Huge smiles! well done! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.