Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
I feel for you, Lara. I've had to do that three times, and it hurt each time.

L
L
Lara, I am a huge cat lover. I have had to put down 2 long time pets in the last 3 years due to old age and illness. Each time, my heart was broken for many months. Chico, my year old cat, was down in the dumps when Sam left. That even made me more sad. Everyone told me to give it as much time as I needed and when that time came months later, I went out and got Cabo, a 9 week old kitten. They are now best buds and crack me up. So I hope when you may be ready one day, you go out and find a new pet - one day you will love that pet just the same, not as a replacement, but a new companion.

K
K
Lara,
I know the hurt in your heart and it will take time to heal. As the days pass may the happiness of the great times and memories prevail.

Lara - We are so sorry. I saw pics of Izzy on TG's blog. Beautiful baby. We have 3 "kids" (our cats). All rescued. Pets are special and I know you are grieving. Our hearts go out to you and we hope you can find some comfort in this dificult time. Nothing like a kitten, nothing like a lap friend.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
Lara,

I am so sorry about Izzy. It is never easy to let go; we had to put our oldest cat, Buster, down in July, at the age of 17. He had been with us since we found him in our garage in 1992, gnawing on an old dead mouse and obviously starving. With loved animals, it is as much a case of a pet raising the person, as it is the person raising the pet. Take comfort in how you have grown through the unconditional love of Izzy. He might say the following to you if he could.

Remember me always, but do not grieve for me too long. I have tried always to comfort you in times of sorrow, and have made every effort to add joy to your life. I never wanted to cause you pain.
Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well.
Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another. You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love. Your kind and gentle heart should not be wasted on my memory for too long. Give your love to another. I know your new friend will never take my place, because we had something very special.
It may not be quite the same, but a new
devoted and loving companion will in time,
become special in their own way.
You loved me very much and I loved you.
My spirit will always be with you, and no
matter how deep my sleep, my grateful heart
will always remember you.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Awe Lara, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Hang in there!

Lara . I am so sorry for you. I know it was a tough decision to make. I went through the same thing this past January. It's tough , but You know in your heart it was the right decision.

Do what KC Jayhawk said.. Find another to share your love, It will be one lucky little animal.

Never Use money to measure wealth
thank you so much to everyone. i have another kitty, Chowder, who is 17 years old. He seems to be doing fine (i secretly think he was jealous of izzy all along), and i'm grateful to have him with me.

I tried to attach a pic so you could see him when he looked 'normal' and not so skeletal...but i cant figure it out.

God bless san pedro man...i dont know what i would do without the support of people here on the island. Tacogirl, i love you, and i cant imagine what i would have done without you. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Love to all,
Lara

Sending big (((((HUGS))))) your way Lara!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
D
D
Lara, So sorry about Izzy. I feel your pain. We had to put Guinness, our 18 yr. old border collie, down in December, and are preparing to do the same in a week or two with our Greta and Drake, both 14, a cocker and shepherd, respectively. Love, Diane

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.