Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#299969 09/22/08 10:21 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I think I need to have a wisdom tooth pulled. frown

Anyone have suggestions of who to go to tomorrow? I'm scared of the dentist, so I need someone who is gentle and gives lots of drugs!

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/294550/Searchpage/1/Main/31334/Words/dentist/Search/true/Dentist_recommendation.html#Post294550

P
P
Depends if it's an upper one or a lower one. If it's lower, or if there could be any complications, it can easily become a major "minor op" and you need very good advice.

Years ago I needed one each side to be removed, one upper, the other lower. The dentist decided that for each one removed, the one opposite also had to go, so I was in for all four to go. The upper ones came out easily, just like any normal tooth. The lower ones though both had hooked roots and were very difficult. Because I started in the dentists chair he decided to finish the job there, but said that he would never again take out lower wisdom teeth - it needed to be in hospital under general anaesthetic. In my case, he had to drill away so much bone to get the roots clear my lower jaw was significantly weakened, and I had deep bone pain for several weeks.

But good luck!!

Dr Adrian Hushner in Belize City, dentist and oral surgoen. I got better care than from most US dentists, and his prices are very good.

A group of us should make a trip out to the city to visit the dentist. Taco, you should come too and you could blog the experience. The dentists here have been better than the ones I had in the states.

P
P
I highly recommend Dr. Franklin Hernandez on middle street across from Pan a dulce. He has done fillings, porcelain crowns and my braces. He even removed two teeth for me for my braces and he was very gentle and did a great job.

He works great hours. Good luck!

this is great to know. Perhaps I should skip the mainland and go in for a cleaning with him. Whats his cleaning charge?

H
H
Dr. Efrain Cima @ san carlos medical&dental center on middle street did an awesome job on the last trip I was on the island with some renovations and fillings...=)

I
I
Purdygrl seems to know! Dr. Franklin Hernandez on middle street, I am told by several people is good and most important gentle. Tim and I are going this week (50 U.S.each) for a cleaning.

Thanks, that's great. Same price then after paying the water taxi to/from the city. Update us please after your visit as I need to get a cleaning in the next two weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.