Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#300431 - 09/25/08 01:26 AM Holy Cross to be closed?
dabunk Offline
I was just listenng to Love FM and they had a report about developers trying to close the school? I only heard part of the report and was wondering if anyone else heard this report?

#300432 - 09/25/08 01:32 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: dabunk]
SP Daily Offline
This mornings Reef Radio program with Senator Eiden Salazar discussed this and found that the entire story is no longer true.

#300435 - 09/25/08 01:48 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: SP Daily]
dabunk Offline
That is good news!

#300446 - 09/25/08 04:18 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: dabunk]
Beach Boy Offline
The school should be relocated away from the future site of Ma'lo Ha Resort. That's why they built it in the middle of the swamp to begin with!

#300454 - 09/25/08 04:46 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: Beach Boy]
ScubaLdy Offline
I heard the program and as is becoming more frequent much of the dialog was in Spanish. Thankfully Francis Wilson ran in (literally) and explained the situation. There does appear to be some pressure coming from somewhere to shut down the site. BBoy I think you are off base about MaloHa Resort. And I did not get the impression that the threat was not real. I think we all need to stay on top of this.

Edited by ScubaLdy (09/25/08 04:47 AM)

#300466 - 09/25/08 06:28 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: ScubaLdy]
Amanda Syme Offline
I am hearing that the consideration is to relocate the school - which I believe has been the goal of those that have brought up health and safety concerns over the past couple of years.

The site is not the ideal location for the school. Having 2 young kids myself I couldn't imagine them attending a school that doesn't have a decent playground, floods in the rains and high tide, and a few other factors regarding health and safety.

Perhaps improvements will come along with change.

#300467 - 09/25/08 06:33 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: Amanda Syme]
SP Daily Offline
I can't imagine the mentality that orders the school shut down with no warning in mid-term...throwing over 500 kids into the street with no alternative for them. Outrageous!
and that order came from a supposed Christian administrator at the Anglican Diocese...

#300470 - 09/25/08 08:43 AM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: SP Daily]
Pedro1 Offline
I think that the sewage is a major problem and has never been adressed other than a letter to both newspapers which was followed in the next week editions by publishing petitions of how perfect the school is and that the sewage was and is not a problem(I am not a surveyor but the sewage imo has to be a major problem as it is going into the lagoon-I think) -they also tried to have an exorcism outside a particiular bar-go figure

#300477 - 09/25/08 01:44 PM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: Pedro1]
SP Daily Offline
So a mini-treatment plant would solve the sewage problem?
Apparently the exorcism didn't work.

Edited by jesse (09/25/08 01:58 PM)

#300485 - 09/25/08 02:47 PM Re: Holy Cross to be closed? [Re: SP Daily]
Ernie B Offline
Follow the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (wiley, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.