Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#300985 09/27/08 04:08 PM
H
HOFFMAN Offline OP
OP Offline
H
My Husband and I bought at The Cloister's and we are nearing completion yeah! But the question became how do we get some "stuff" out to the island? First I did some shopping comparison in Belize City at Mirab's and a few other places. I just went price shopping. I came home and compared apples to apples and found that what I could purchase in Belize and the exact same stuff in the states was a huge difference! $18,000 vs. $6,000 for the exact same stuff (Tv's, Serta beds etc.)
So I went looking into shipping and came across a website that listed Belizan's who live in the USA but do business down in Belize and I found a Shipper from Heaven!
M.V.C. Gongora Shipping and Handling Service
- Atanacioa Gongora -
[email protected] Cell -224-627-9208.
Our first shipment was woth $6,000 and the cost from Illinois, to Miami via container on a train, to a ship out of Miami,to Belize City, to San Pedro, to our condo was $3,600! This included at duty and taxes!
All was delivered, nothing broken or missing, and we just sent our second shipment down with Mr. Gongora. He has family in Corazol who helped with the delivery. We will be in San Pedro in October when the second shipment arrives.
He lives in Northern Illinois and we live in southeast Wisconsin so it worked out very easy for us.
A very nice man to work with!
Dianne and Dick

Does he also do small shipments...like 2-3 boxes?

T
T
Very good article,thanks for sharing. Check your Private mail.
Cheers

T
T
chunkyruth you may want to check this link for small shipments.
Island Life
http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-ship-to-belize.html

Sterling Freight out of Houston will do the same service. Have the items shipped to them, Sterling will deliver to your door if you want including doing all paperwork.

Thanks to Tim and Dabunk! Sounds like Sterling would work well for us.

P
P
Just a quick word on what we Brits call "white goods" - fridges, washing machines, stoves, etc. Most manufactured for the US or Europe will rust to nothing very quickly in San Pedro's humid salty atmosphere - I say this from (expensive) experience. Similar goods manufactured in Mexico for Central America seem to survive much better - the "Mabe" brand in particular seems to last as well as most brands would in colder climates.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.