Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301087 - 09/28/08 04:57 PM ACMB at home
Leah-Ann Offline
There are little reminders of Belize and friends from this message board in every room of my house but that is especially true in the kitchen. This was brought home to me in vivid detail this past week. We cook dinner at our house most every night of the week and it is not uncommon to have people pop up at the last minute to join us. Thursday night I got some steaks ready for the grill using a rub that was a combination of some NAPA spices and the remainder of a Genesis in the Jungle spice packet, picked up while shopping with Mrs. KC Jayhawk last time we were on the island together - love those spices, they taste like Belize to me.
Grilled some bread and popped it into a wooden bowl picked up in Bomba. Doorbell rings and the husband lets in some guy heís never met before - par for the course at our house! confused After the dog decides the guysís ok and calms down, hugs and smiles are exchanged and we open a bottle of Justin Cab, picked up on my last visit to that winery on the central coast, when TQ was in town for a visit. (TQ itís harvest time in wine country. whistle ) Good wine and great conversation while I got the rest of dinner going. Steaks came out really good and moved into the ďgreatĒ category when topped with the pear marmalade made by KC, hand-delivered during their visit last weekend. More wine and more great conversation about everything from politics to religion to vacations in general and Belize in specific, to how much we love TacoGirl and what a wonderful person klc is. Ya know, that Otter guy makes a right fine dinner guest! wink LaurieMar was supposed to have joined us for dinner, but she emailed me earlier in the day begging off - something about work interfering with her social life. crazy So we just made fun of her in her absence - jk, LM! laugh It was a really fun evening and we sent Otter on his way with a box of the NAPA rub (but not the rest of the pear marmalade - some things just need to be hoarded blush ) and a promise to think about returning with Mrs. Otter for a few days of winery hopping.
Sometimes I am truly amazed at the impact this strange tiny place has had on my life. I really must say again: thanks, Marty - this little world you created just rocks!
I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?

#301088 - 09/28/08 05:07 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: Leah-Ann]
Chloe Offline
smile smile smile X 1000

Edited by Chloe (09/28/08 05:08 PM)
Dare To Deviate

#301094 - 09/28/08 05:28 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: Chloe]
KC Jayhawk Offline
LA, I couldn't agree more!! Both with the impact this board has had on our lives, but also with the wonderful hospitality of your home!! I'm glad you liked the chutney (or marmalade as it is apparently called on the left coast). There are reminders everywhere in our home of happy days spent in SP, but also of the great time we had visiting you. In fact, we'll be having Montevina Barbera with our lamb shanks this evening!! Thanks, girl!! grin
When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

#301117 - 09/28/08 08:38 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: KC Jayhawk]
divingcowgirl Offline
Amen again LA! This world that we share is brighter for the friends that we have met on the board. Thanks Marty! smile
Take the road less traveled

#301118 - 09/28/08 08:58 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: divingcowgirl]
Otteralum Offline
Must echo what a wonderful marmalade that was KC -- scrumptious.

Leah-Ann was a wonderfully gracious host and a fabulous cook. I was pampered and quite humbled by her great family and willingness to take me into her home after all our rambunctious debates -- a true testament to her character.

It was great conversation and I learned we agree on far more than we disagree methinks.

I've been travelling far too much lately and were it not for this board and the three good friendships I've solidified during this trip -- all coming from this board, I'd be far less a person for it.

Thank you all!!
I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#301130 - 09/28/08 10:20 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: Otteralum]
tacogirl Offline
Great post Leah-Ann

This board and the people on it have really made a big impact on our lives in such a great way. smile
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#301134 - 09/28/08 10:48 PM Re: ACMB at home [Re: tacogirl]
azbob Offline
Itís a wonderful place to be and to meet such great people as you all are! Iím so looking forward to November and meeting all those I havenít met yet and re-meeting all those I know! I do not believe there is another board that even comes close to the ACMB!!!!
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

#301177 - 09/29/08 09:48 AM Re: ACMB at home [Re: azbob]
LaurieMar Offline
Ah shucks, sounds like I missed a nice dinner while toiling away late at the office!

Sorry I missed meeting Otter. Work is all consuming these days and promises to be so through the end of October. No complaints given the economic times we are in and vacation to Belize is right around the corner! Then, no work for 11 days. . . Wooo hoooo!

#301179 - 09/29/08 09:59 AM Re: ACMB at home [Re: LaurieMar]
Ernie B Offline
I surely wish ya'll would refrain from using that word. Makes me wanna take a nap.

Morning LM !
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#301188 - 09/29/08 10:52 AM Re: ACMB at home [Re: Ernie B]
azbob Offline
Ernie, you mean that dirty, four letter word: "work"?
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.