Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#301087 09/28/08 03:57 PM
OP Offline
There are little reminders of Belize and friends from this message board in every room of my house but that is especially true in the kitchen. This was brought home to me in vivid detail this past week. We cook dinner at our house most every night of the week and it is not uncommon to have people pop up at the last minute to join us. Thursday night I got some steaks ready for the grill using a rub that was a combination of some NAPA spices and the remainder of a Genesis in the Jungle spice packet, picked up while shopping with Mrs. KC Jayhawk last time we were on the island together - love those spices, they taste like Belize to me.
Grilled some bread and popped it into a wooden bowl picked up in Bomba. Doorbell rings and the husband lets in some guy he's never met before - par for the course at our house! confused After the dog decides the guys's ok and calms down, hugs and smiles are exchanged and we open a bottle of Justin Cab, picked up on my last visit to that winery on the central coast, when TQ was in town for a visit. (TQ it's harvest time in wine country. whistle ) Good wine and great conversation while I got the rest of dinner going. Steaks came out really good and moved into the "great" category when topped with the pear marmalade made by KC, hand-delivered during their visit last weekend. More wine and more great conversation about everything from politics to religion to vacations in general and Belize in specific, to how much we love TacoGirl and what a wonderful person klc is. Ya know, that Otter guy makes a right fine dinner guest! wink LaurieMar was supposed to have joined us for dinner, but she emailed me earlier in the day begging off - something about work interfering with her social life. crazy So we just made fun of her in her absence - jk, LM! laugh It was a really fun evening and we sent Otter on his way with a box of the NAPA rub (but not the rest of the pear marmalade - some things just need to be hoarded blush ) and a promise to think about returning with Mrs. Otter for a few days of winery hopping.
Sometimes I am truly amazed at the impact this strange tiny place has had on my life. I really must say again: thanks, Marty - this little world you created just rocks!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Leah-Ann #301088 09/28/08 04:07 PM
smile smile smile X 1000

Last edited by Chloe; 09/28/08 04:08 PM.

Dare To Deviate
Chloe #301094 09/28/08 04:28 PM
LA, I couldn't agree more!! Both with the impact this board has had on our lives, but also with the wonderful hospitality of your home!! I'm glad you liked the chutney (or marmalade as it is apparently called on the left coast). There are reminders everywhere in our home of happy days spent in SP, but also of the great time we had visiting you. In fact, we'll be having Montevina Barbera with our lamb shanks this evening!! Thanks, girl!! grin

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
KC Jayhawk #301117 09/28/08 07:38 PM
Amen again LA! This world that we share is brighter for the friends that we have met on the board. Thanks Marty! smile

Take the road less traveled
Must echo what a wonderful marmalade that was KC -- scrumptious.

Leah-Ann was a wonderfully gracious host and a fabulous cook. I was pampered and quite humbled by her great family and willingness to take me into her home after all our rambunctious debates -- a true testament to her character.

It was great conversation and I learned we agree on far more than we disagree methinks.

I've been travelling far too much lately and were it not for this board and the three good friendships I've solidified during this trip -- all coming from this board, I'd be far less a person for it.

Thank you all!!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Otteralum #301130 09/28/08 09:20 PM
Great post Leah-Ann

This board and the people on it have really made a big impact on our lives in such a great way. smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

tacogirl #301134 09/28/08 09:48 PM
It's a wonderful place to be and to meet such great people as you all are! I'm so looking forward to November and meeting all those I haven't met yet and re-meeting all those I know! I do not believe there is another board that even comes close to the ACMB!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #301177 09/29/08 08:48 AM
L
L
Ah shucks, sounds like I missed a nice dinner while toiling away late at the office!

Sorry I missed meeting Otter. Work is all consuming these days and promises to be so through the end of October. No complaints given the economic times we are in and vacation to Belize is right around the corner! Then, no work for 11 days. . . Wooo hoooo!

LaurieMar #301179 09/29/08 08:59 AM
E
E
I surely wish ya'll would refrain from using that word. Makes me wanna take a nap.

Morning LM !

Ernie B #301188 09/29/08 09:52 AM
Ernie, you mean that dirty, four letter word: "work"?
mad

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.