Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My return flight gets to Houston at 3:05 and my connecting flight leaves Houston at 3:50 - what are the chances of us getting through customs on a saturday and making a connecting flight??? Seems last time we needed at least one hour and that was pushing it!!

Not a chance in Hell!!!!

Never Use money to measure wealth
nope

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
E
E
Well, it really depends how many are people clearing immigrations and the terminal you leave from. Its possible but not very likely.

That is not gonna happen unless you onlyhave a carryone and run real fast. 45 minutes is the best we ever did.

We just came through Miami onto Newark, we have a 5 hour layover in MIA. Took us an hour to get to our new gate. Not so bad time wise but the layout here is stupid. There are 36 lanes to clear Immigration all funneling into a one lane passage to get to baggage claim. Line was backed up and a mess. Then huge lines to get through customs to check your carryon, long snaking lines like Disney Land, but no fun ride at the end!!

Thanks ceb, Continental has changed mine also, but only 10 minutes. Now I have a 1 1/2 hours to clear Huston. 41 days to go and how many more changes?
confused

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
N
N
Good luck Ceb. We had an hour to make our connection in Houston to Toronto. The only way we made it was because our connecting flight was late getting in... I'm not sure why that airport doesn't have an 'in transit' system so you don't have to go through security again. That is where we lost most of our time, and asking for assistance from the personnel there was useless (they were too busy with their cell phone conversations). Immigration was pretty good and our baggage was tagged all the way through.

I've often wondered why certain groups of people are not simply issued "security clearances" for pass through at airports etc. The world is full of people who have proven security records. And, I'm one of them. I think it is about time that "Homeland Security" revied my record, and the thousands like me, and issue me a pass through at the "take off your shoes places" and at immigration. And I promise I won't smuggle any Cuban cigars into DFW.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Originally Posted by Don Greife
I've often wondered why certain groups of people are not simply issued "security clearances" for pass through at airports etc. The world is full of people who have proven security records. And, I'm one of them. I think it is about time that "Homeland Security" revied my record, and the thousands like me, and issue me a pass through at the "take off your shoes places" and at immigration. And I promise I won't smuggle any Cuban cigars into DFW.

In my former position with an airline in Las Vegas, I had security clearance to bypass security, to remain in the secure area in the event of a breach, I conducted aircraft searches, all this without going thru security. But when I got on a plane for travel, I had to go up stairs and go thru security even if I had been doing the above items all day. CRAZY........1

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.