Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mary Jo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Anyone interested in sharing a fishing trip - grouper, marlin, sail, etc. We will be on Caye Caulker in October from the 25th through the 29th and want to do some charter fishing but can't quite afford it so, looking to share a trip. We fished offshore of Costa Rica and had such a greaaaaat time that we want to do it again. Come on - lets go fishin.

C
C
What is the cost and how far do you go out..what's included etc

Y
Y
I'll be in a Caye Caulker in May 09. Iwould love a fishing report from your trip. Thanks in advance.
Tight lines, Jimmy

K
K
You might want to reseach your target species. Belize is not Costa Rica, where double-digits of sails are raised regularly. Sails are an early spring fish, and marlin are...?rare?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
C
C
i too would take a look at the preferred fishing in Belize - I hear bone fish, permit, tarpon and of course some reef fishing , snapper, grouper, etc. Can be just as fun - just not the tail dancing bill fish. I'd love to be wrong - anybody, anybody?? lets hear the tales of the belize billfish please!!

K
K
Check the archives, and the lack of posts should tell you something. There a couple of bluewater tournaments a year out of San Pedro. You might want to check their billfish success. Lots of great fish to catch in Belize, but an ocean is not an ocean is not an ocean.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
I had a client catch a sailfish last January. With Cap't Pete Graniel out of SP. But it is rarer than you would think - he's been there every year for the last 8 years trying.

You can count the sailfish caught here each year on both hands ,very good fishing ,but not big game fishing ,big game is better in costa rica and cabo ,places like that.but you can have lots of action fishing here...I love pete graniel,and abel gurrero ,two good local old timmers who know the sanpedro area waters And there are lots more great guides.... Tight lines to you all and good fishing....

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
Hey there Captain Jeff. Don't know if fly fishing is your deal, but, who would you recommend? Thanks

fly fishing is for sure not my thing.Iam a reef guy or I troll the other side of the reef but to to far out I am a calm water guy..I do not know any guides in cc,but know lots in sanpedro ..Ask krehfish or don grief about fly guides ..I tried to flyfish once I had nightmares for weeks I have no skill at that at all ,tight lines to you and good fishing..

Last edited by captjeff; 10/10/08 10:27 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day