Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#302621 - 10/06/08 03:27 PM Info on Fishing Guides
yimmj Offline
My wife and I will be visiting Placencia and Caye Caulker in May 09. I am looking for any fly fishing guide recomendations for both locations. Also, looking to possibly share a guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated>

#302624 - 10/06/08 03:37 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: yimmj]
skippy Offline
Generally when someone asks about guides, a guy responds about another guy who acts as sort of a broker for a group of guides. I hope this time we can get info on individuals and not a broker, as I'm curious about Placencia guides as well.
I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

#302640 - 10/06/08 04:40 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: skippy]
ron Offline
Whenever I'm in CC I use either Eloy or Rockey(?) Badillo. Both of them live on Middle st I don't have either of their phone numbers but they are easy to find. I'm not a fly fisherman but they also guide for fly fishing. The site always recommended is for San Pedro not Caye Caulker and does not book for CC. If you know where your staying ask them to get in touch with Eloy for you. He doesn't check his emails very often. Anglers Abroad specializes in fly fishing and is on CC, but I'm not sure whether Haywood books fishing guides.

#302704 - 10/06/08 09:50 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: ron]
yimmj Offline
Thanks for the info.

#302706 - 10/06/08 09:56 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: skippy]
yimmj Offline
Thanks for the input. I have never been to Belize and I am a novice saltwater fly fisherman. {Fla. Keys twice} So the guide is very important. Would love suggestions

#302804 - 10/07/08 01:24 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: yimmj]
krehfish Offline
For Placentia guides go to two sites: Destination Belize and Belize Flats Fishing. You'll get not only names, but pics, and promo-bios. The former has alot of info on the area if you're not familiar with the penninsula.

Edited by krehfish (10/07/08 01:25 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#302998 - 10/08/08 08:57 AM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: krehfish]
Barbara K Offline
Mary from Destinations Belize in Placencia sent me this info for a client. "For trolling and spincasting, I'd probably get Benjie Eiley or Daniel Cabral if either of them are available. Rate is US$350 per day, plus 10% sales tax. The guides in Placencia don't do half days because of the distances you have to travel from the mainland to the best fishing spots. (Well, they will do half-days, but they charge the same as for a whole day.) The day includes lunch and trolling gear, but not light tackle, which can be rented for US$20 per day per person, plus 10% sales tax."
My clients ended up going with Benjie and said he was great (my client is a very experienced fisherman, however) Prices may have changed since this info was given, but should give you a good ballpark amount.

#303538 - 10/10/08 07:50 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: Barbara K]
yimmj Offline
Thanks for all the info We will certainly look into all the suggestions. Has anyone fished with any of these guides? Just looking for personal experience.

#304086 - 10/13/08 06:24 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: yimmj]
USCTrojan Offline
Try Heather for info on guides on Caye Caulker. She can be reached at or

#304190 - 10/14/08 12:44 PM Re: Info on Fishing Guides [Re: yimmj]
Don Greife Offline
Yimmj; I can't help you at all with fly fishing guides in Placincia, as I have yet to fish there. However, I can make a suggestion for your fly fishing guide in Caye Caulker. My favorite guide is Manuel Azueta who lives in San Pedro but fished all of the Islands includinf Caye Caulker. He may be contacted at or
011-501-226-2709. He will bring flys and leaders and water. There is excellent bone and tarpon fishing near Caye Caulker and if the weather will cooperate he will put you on them. Tell him I sent you.
Don Greife
I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day