Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#302621 10/06/08 02:27 PM
Y
yimmj Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
My wife and I will be visiting Placencia and Caye Caulker in May 09. I am looking for any fly fishing guide recomendations for both locations. Also, looking to possibly share a guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated>

Generally when someone asks about guides, a guy responds about another guy who acts as sort of a broker for a group of guides. I hope this time we can get info on individuals and not a broker, as I'm curious about Placencia guides as well.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
R
ron Offline
R
Whenever I'm in CC I use either Eloy or Rockey(?) Badillo. Both of them live on Middle st I don't have either of their phone numbers but they are easy to find. I'm not a fly fisherman but they also guide for fly fishing. The site always recommended is for San Pedro not Caye Caulker and does not book for CC. If you know where your staying ask them to get in touch with Eloy for you. He doesn't check his emails very often. Anglers Abroad specializes in fly fishing and is on CC, but I'm not sure whether Haywood books fishing guides.

Y
yimmj Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks for the info.

Y
yimmj Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks for the input. I have never been to Belize and I am a novice saltwater fly fisherman. {Fla. Keys twice} So the guide is very important. Would love suggestions

K
K
For Placentia guides go to two sites: Destination Belize and Belize Flats Fishing. You'll get not only names, but pics, and promo-bios. The former has alot of info on the area if you're not familiar with the penninsula.

Last edited by krehfish; 10/07/08 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Mary from Destinations Belize in Placencia sent me this info for a client. "For trolling and spincasting, I'd probably get Benjie Eiley or Daniel Cabral if either of them are available. Rate is US$350 per day, plus 10% sales tax. The guides in Placencia don't do half days because of the distances you have to travel from the mainland to the best fishing spots. (Well, they will do half-days, but they charge the same as for a whole day.) The day includes lunch and trolling gear, but not light tackle, which can be rented for US$20 per day per person, plus 10% sales tax."
My clients ended up going with Benjie and said he was great (my client is a very experienced fisherman, however) Prices may have changed since this info was given, but should give you a good ballpark amount.

Y
yimmj Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks for all the info We will certainly look into all the suggestions. Has anyone fished with any of these guides? Just looking for personal experience.

U
U
Try Heather for info on guides on Caye Caulker. She can be reached at [email protected] or www.tsunamiadventures.com

Yimmj; I can't help you at all with fly fishing guides in Placincia, as I have yet to fish there. However, I can make a suggestion for your fly fishing guide in Caye Caulker. My favorite guide is Manuel Azueta who lives in San Pedro but fished all of the Islands includinf Caye Caulker. He may be contacted at [email protected] or
011-501-226-2709. He will bring flys and leaders and water. There is excellent bone and tarpon fishing near Caye Caulker and if the weather will cooperate he will put you on them. Tell him I sent you.
Don Greife

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day