Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DCKid Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My boyfriend and I need to get from San Ignacio to the municipal air strip in Belize City in time for a 4:55 p.m. flight to San Pedro on December 1st. What are the current options? I've read lots about San Ignacio Shuttle, but the website that is always listed just takes me to a spam site. Is it still running? Is the public bus really our best option? Will anyone else be around that day that wants to split a ride? I'd be willing to pay up to about $40 per person, but obviously the cheaper the better.

Thanks for any current info!

leave bus terminal at 1.00pm at the latest
60 min to Belmopan
90 min to Bz city
but that is when everything works
or a local taxi will take you for 100usd

The Savannah Taxi station next to the park in SI town has taxis to Bz City for $87.50 USD one way. That was the cheapest I found other than public bus. The Express bus is cheap & good but only leaves in the morning (9AM, I think)

No, the San Ignacio Shuttle is no longer operating.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
D
DCKid Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, that is very helpful! The more I read the more it seems like the public bus is our best option. Does anyone know anything about the "premier" bus? I noticed it listed here: http://www.nationaltransportbelize.com/, is anyone aware of the cost from SI to BZE?

I have been to Belize before (and fell in love obviously), but never to San Ignacio, so this is all new to me.

Can't recall the exact price from San Ignacio to Belize City, but it's not much -- maybe BZ$8 or $10.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
P
P
Are you sure about the time of the flight? Planes usually leave the Municipal for San Pedro hourly on the half hour, so around then I'd expect 4:30 and 5:30. That's true for Tropic and Maya.

P
P
Another point. If you haven't seen the zoo, it's on the route about 1/2 hour out of Belize City. Plan on spending 2 hours there. You can check when the buses stop there (there's a stop just outside that all buses including express stop at).

Don't forget the time to get from the bus station in Belize City to the airstrip - I'd reckon on 1/2 hour by taxi (do NOT plan on walking), as 1st December is a normal working day (a Monday) and it will be rush hour. If you come in from the zoo by taxi it can bypass the center of the City and take you straight to the airstrip - that's what I'd do.

D
DCKid Offline OP
OP Offline
D
You're quite right, it's a 4:30 p.m. departure. I'm pretty sure we will take the regular bus and arrive around 3:00 then take a taxi to the airstrip.

I'd be interested in seeing the zoo, but since we will be carrying all of our luggage, I don't think it's possible for a convenient stopover on the way to the airport.

I would take one of the morning express buses and show up in Belize City early if there was a safe place to store our luggage and walk around for the day. Does anyone know if there are lockers we can rent in the city or anything similar to that?

Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.