Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
OP Offline
D
Bean-Boy (the goofy, yet lovable hubby & I) are looking forward to enjoying Ramon's "grand reopening" week! Looking for anyone kickin' around the island during that time whose up for a nice, cool (ok, maybe tepid) drink & some pretty mindless, but harmless, company.

Also, we're AC "wer-gins", in light of everything, where are the best places to tip said drink that will likely be up & running by mid-Nov? (Dang, you've got me missin' Elvi's and I've never even been there!)

Hittin' Key West next week...man, I LOVE November!

Finz!

K.

Fido's....pronounced...Feed....doze.....is up and runnin'! [Linked Image]

Just stagger north up the beach a couple hundred yards until you see a rather large palapa with a decent sized sign in front. "BC's". You will find an ecletic mix of tourists, locals, gringos, and ex pats. Rumor has it that alcohol has been known to have been served there in large quantities. Nothing unmanageable mind you, just large. We were to have been there this Sunday, but since the power has JUST been turned on to our little crack in the "rock", that didn't seem like such a good idea.

Back to bars....Fido's is very good. Try the Hideaway for a some more local "color". Stroll south down the beach past the Yacht Club and Woody's to Coconuts Beach Bar. Say "hi" to the gals for us, but take a butt cushion. For some reason they have the hardest damn stools on the island (even though Jesse disagrees).
Since the north side of the cut is REALLY without power, and the 'cane tore it up, our favorite place in the world probably won't be available. The Palapa. If you can't relax there you are truly hopeless.

Those are all just for starters. There are a whole lot more. Have fun, and don't drink all of my blue liquore and Bombay Sapphire. Ernie at BC's will know what you are talking 'bout if you say "Blue Drink". Oh boy! Have Fun!

S
S
The bar stools at Coconuts are firm but a couple of Margies "Belizean Mamas" will soften 'em right up!

D
OP Offline
D
LOL...I *LAUGH* in the face of hard bar stools! There is no such thing! (Gawd, I wonder if that's really commentary on the junk-in-my-trunk!?!)

Hmmm, and the legendary "blue drink" sounds like it just might be kin to everybody's favorite..."The Tidy Bowl"! Emmm, emmm good! Gulps all around! ;-)

Hmmmmmmm.......... I've tried to pop in a picture of that blue drink as a jpeg from my hard drive. Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure exactly how that works. Or rather it apparently doesn't for me.

Yes, Jesse our little Margie can make the pain go away, but it's still damn hard to walk after a while on those "chairs". I thinks maybe they're are too small in diameter as well as hard as hell. It's like sittin' on a fence post.

Better known as "Rape Stools"....makes ya nervous when you wake up the next morning and can't remember what happened to you...LOL

Fido's stools aren't much better...they are too damn tall so your legs hang awkward and cuts off the circulation in them...then when you go to stand up...your legs are numb.

Takes a few minutes to get them moving one in front of the other again. [Linked Image]

Glad you explained it, so well. I did not consider it was the barstool, that caused my legs to wobble, so much, that one foot will not go in front of the other. See Mom can learn from the kids.

Dare To Deviate
This is great!!! Now I can blame it on the bar stools!! Do they slur speach as well??? LOL
Debbie

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ha ha. hey choochoo - marty has a copy of my photo of you and that awful blue drink to, but he's holding them hostage, i think. i far prefer cane juice and pineapple. yummy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.