Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#303996 10/13/08 10:20 AM
OP Offline
I'm visualizing a very graphic ad to be sent to all the newspapers - here first and if nothing is done to stop this movement then those in the US.

BELIZE - THE SECRETS OUT

Picture of the dredger with the bucket full of mangroves (I have one of these) and Mother Nature lying among the muck. Words over photo: RAPED!

Picture of the flyer for the shark tournament. Words over photo: ENDANGERED!

Picture of Goose sitting on golden eggs. Words over photo: DEAD!

Picture of two hands meeting under a table with money being exchanged: CORRUPT!

Can you add to this?

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 10/13/08 10:21 AM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
That will certainly help to kill off any remaining tourism that we might see here. Great idea!

Who's paying for them?

D
D

An inspector with an open hand behind his back looking away from the project. "looking the other way"

"Picture of two hands meeting under a table with money being exchanged: CORRUPT!"

"An inspector with an open hand behind his back looking away from the project. "looking the other way""

When I broached this VERY subject on this board I was literally crucified here. Including an ad in the San Pedro Sun.

Comments like; "coward", "we don't need people like you here", "just stay home", "unsubstantiated claims" come to mind.

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/291687/Hats_off_to_Harry.html#Post291687

Link to that discussion / lenching. Be sure you weren't one the folks that ripped into me for saying that I knew for a fact that bribes were occuring before you post about this "corruption". I'm anxious to pay back some hypocrits.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 10/13/08 10:48 AM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
OP Offline
Jesse
Of course you are right - but now or later - after all the damage has been done?
People like to chant "We will not be another Cancun." Are we going to be another Florida? If you don't know what that is like now read anything written by Carl Haaison or Lawrence Shammas. You will die laughing and cry at the same time.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
SL, You have guts and I certainly admire that. There are definately in shortage on the island. While I understand your frustration and am very sympathetic to your cause, I think a direct confronting of the GOB office might be more productive. Protest marches on capitol buildings, with specific demands, draw MUCH attention. In this outsiders view, much of the problem you refer to originates with the environmental "watch group" and how they legislate and direct the developers to perform. It would seem that legislation and associated default penalties is lacking in their charter. Perhaps, now that "petitioning" the government is now among the constitutional changes in the works, a new charter, for the environmental watch-dogs, might be written and presented to the people for a vote.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
L
L
SL, I too admire your guts and willingness to take a stand. Last night I was reading the new issue of Ambergris Today, and to my dismay saw yet another article that implied the opinion of the gringo was not welcome. Sorry, I can't remember the articles title, but if someone knows, maybe they can print it. I found it a bit depressing after 25 years of living here and hopefully not taking advantage of Belizians and trying to be a contributing citizen. Will our voices even be heard?

R.B. Mernitz
C
C
Don't worry to much about spr becoming a Cancun or Miami Beach.
We'll never have the infrastructure. Remeber that Cancun was designed from the start as a hi-volume beach destination with a carefully laid out and followed master plan.

Only a VERY few developers (and realitors) here seem to have any sense of class, style, foresight or ANY concerns about spr as a community.

I think that some would like to make spr a low rent amusement park.

Crackedup, I think you are about right, about the way the local developers work, but you can't really blame them for the way they trash things up,, NOW CAN YOU? They are probably doing their thing within the restrictions and laws that are imposed upon them. If the public wants these things to be improved, the public simply has to take SOME KIND of ACTION. And the public includes xpats as well as Mr. Ramos from Placincia. It should be obvious to the most casual observer that all of the bitching and moaning done on this board is not going to change anything.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.