Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
After a long three day weekend celebrating the Pan American holiday, on Tuesday, October 14th thieves targeted the Manelly's Ice Cream Parlor located on Barrier Reef Drive in search of quick cash. Clemencia Uribina, employed at Manelly's for the past four years, explained that the day started out just like any normal work day. Upon arriving at the establishment, she noticed that her co-worker, Mariela was already there with Mrs. Shelly del Valle. Work continued as normal and as she went to retreive the broom from the back of the building, a young man, grabbed her and told her to get back inside, "esto es un asalto [this is a robbery]."
According to Urbina, there were two culprits who asked them to lie face down on the floor while the robbery continued. "'Si gritan matalas [if they scream, kill them],' they kept saying," explained Urbina. According to the witness, both men held knives to thier throats at different times throughout the incident.
Police officers are still processing the scene and an official report has not been released. It is uncertain as to how much cash was stolen but another report suggests that the robbers dropped their bag of loot while making their escape along Angel Coral Street.
We'll have more on this story in Thursday's edition of The San Pedro Sun, stay tuned!

http://sanpedrosun.blogspot.com/2008/10/thieves-hit-manellys-ice-cream.html

S
S
This makes me sad to see this happen. I hope they catch who ever did this. I feel safe in AC and don't want that to change.

C
C
Absolutely agreed suecate. This has to be stopped somehow. Too many instances of this sort of thing are popping up.

I'm glad no one was hurt. Have the BDF left? In September, they were everywhere.

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
can a local tell me if there is any talk of the perps being non-locals? (wondering from the spanish used)

D
D
Probably not locals. Like most crimes of this type, it was a crime of opportunity. A spur of the moment decision to take advantage of an open door and unsuspecting workers. This is the type of crime that can go bad very quickly. Fortunately, the employees were not seriously hurt. If these criminals are caught, lets hope they are dealt with harshly.

This is soooo sad! The intensity of the violent threats lead me to believe this is not the first time for these thieves nor will it be the last. Hopefully they will be caught and stopped soon.

It's great to be .....

my point was, this could be part of the problem (brought up by Loansum Al) of what happens when all the workers are brought in from elsewhere to build, with no other means of support.

anyone else note that this happened less than a week after all those non-english speaking people were rallied up for that meeting?? maybe coincidence, maybe not.

sorry to change the subject.

P
P
Only a few days ago a local shopkeeper told me he only comes in to open up early in the morning if he has other men with him. He doesn't feel safe any longer. And he's a San Pedranan born & bred. Very sad and very worrying. It's time a message was sent to these people.

M
M
wow... it means, I should be careful to walk on AC while visiting island? by the way, my last visit to Mexico, everyone
said bad things about Belize, sort of what you can read in this topic.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.