Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#30477 11/25/00 02:15 AM
P
P
Been looking for a reason to pack up and move myself. Think I've found it - ELECTION 2000.

#30478 11/25/00 02:33 AM
S
S
Mr.greer,

Greetings!!!! Your candidacy is most
appreciated, as well as your style. I was hoping to obtain some of your hard earned knowledge about Belize if you would be so gracious [Linked Image]I promise not to be a terminal e-mail buddy!!! My address is [email protected] I live in Buffalo,Ny
so please have some mercy, to help get me out
of here ASAP LOL

Thank you,

Pamela

#30479 11/25/00 10:57 AM
my husband and i have been going to ac every 6 months since 98. we too fell in love the first time. some of your posts remind me so much of us..the first and second trip. i agree with elbert and jessie...we researched and researched and 5 trips later finally bought a piece of land in Tres Cocos. I have been with the same career for 20 yrs! I manage about 40 women..believe me that stress level is high!My husband manages a restuarant.every time i come home i cry like a baby. i am ready to go yesterday. please proceed with caution and make several trips to meet and start some kind of relationship with as many people as possible and listen to their stories. sometimes it's the people you least expect to screw you that screw you. our property is just raw land at this time, hope to start building next year...we are doing this very slowly...and i urge you to proceed with caution. before your next trip email us at [email protected], we'll try to hook you up with some of the "locals/transplants" that would be good to talk to! But Elbert and Jesse are a great place to start! C

#30480 11/25/00 06:20 PM
Hi Pamela
For some reason the e-mail addresses are deleted. It sounds like they had some problems with spammers. Post your e-mail here and I will get back to you. As soon as I answer you may want to edit that out of your reply.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#30481 11/29/00 09:44 PM
S
S
Very, very interesting, lots of truth and reality points, and some fun replies, too. Elbert is quite realistic with his thoughts, but bear in mind people, that people are people no matter where they are. The petty jealousies of a tiny community are just more obvious when you keep running into the same little groups of individuals on the streets, in the grocery stores, at the offices, and in the water. They're not much different than TX, FL, NJ, CA or anywhere else. There's a pull that becomes almost a physical pain for some of us as we anticipate a great change in our lives. It's fabulous and scary at the same time. We think that the change will develop our lives into peace and balance when we change our neighborhood, our friends or our country. But, what I've experienced and seen with others is the problems and anxieties that grip you in one place will shortly find you in the next unless you're very strong, quite persistent and fairly lucky. I made the move about 11 months ago with a financial cushion for what I thought would be ample time. Hurricane Keith set me and my "plans" off-kilter by about 8-12 months which brought about some changes. I haven't given up yet, but I'm taking another approach for the time being. You can have it all, but be careful what you go after and don't lose yourself in the process.

#30482 11/29/00 10:07 PM
Well said Suew!!!

Pam I think you just need an extended vacation to start with. Anyone who lives in Buffalo totally needs one!!
We've been going almost every year to Buffalo (family relations) and I don't know why everyone there doesn't move!! (No offence intended, just a personal opinion)
I thank God my husband moved years ago or I never would have met him! "I think." LOL
Take a leave of absence and goooo.
VACATION FIRST!!!
Have fun.
Hope

#30483 11/29/00 10:18 PM
M
M
Very good point made by suew. Whatever demons you're running from are inside you! and will still be there after you relocate. Deal with the demons first!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.