Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304941 - 10/17/08 12:10 PM All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris Caye?
Peter Jones Offline
I quite often get asked whether we have any here, and I generally say that other than Cayo Espanto (well beyond most people's reach) I don't know of any.

I've just been asked again. Can anyone tell me of any such resorts? I believe they mean it's a fixed price regardless of what activities you engage in, and how much you indulge yourself in food & drink, but if there are any "qualified" all-inclusives it would be useful to know that as well.

#304973 - 10/17/08 01:17 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris Caye? [Re: Peter Jones]
Canukboi Offline
I am pretty sure that Victoria House does a package where you can have meals included..not sure about drinks though.

I believe that it's not a traditional "all-inclusive" where you eat bad food and drink watered down drinks all day...yuk...I think they give you choice of items on their menu for the "inclusive" part, which is incredible food.

#304989 - 10/17/08 02:31 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Canukboi]
sweetjane Offline
no, that's like a MAP, as you say. lodges inland do the same cuz food & drink not as easily accessible. i googled and saw coco plum island, kanatik, & hamanasi do - but not so near AC.

i would think all-inclusives on AC (excluding far north AC), while possibly bringing more package tourists there, wont necessarily bring more income to SP or Bz in general. why leave the grounds to eat, drink, shop or tour in town if you already paid for everything on-site?

when people ask me that question, i explain i think they'd be missing out on the fun of finding the many good places in there to eat & imbibe. some places need them, if food & fun is sparse int he surrounding area, but that does not apply to SP. JMO, as always.

#305003 - 10/17/08 03:19 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: sweetjane]
Barbara K Offline
The only true all inclusives with EVERYTHING included are Kanantik on the S shore of the mainland between Hopkins & Placencia, and Mopan River Resort in Cayo (Benque). Even Cayo Espanto at their prices does not include everything (like tours).
They tend to get popular as crime increases so people don't have to leave the "compound." Hmmm....coming soon to Belize?? Let's hope not - they really kill the local towns & villages and set up a big "tourists vs locals" animosity.

#305013 - 10/17/08 03:35 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Barbara K]
Peter Jones Offline
Thatch Caye includes all food, all non-alcoholic drinks (alcohol is available at sensible prices but not in the deal - that would be too open-ended), diving, snorkelling, fishing, kayaking etc, all in the room rate. They provide free transfers to/from the mainland, not just at the start/end of a stay but also for day trips such as ruin or jungle visits. They don't include the cost of activities provided by someone else, even if they get you there free. That's what I'm thinking of when I say "all inclusive" - not quite "all" but not far off.

I agree that on AC a fully inclusive resort wouldn't be especially good news, except that of course they'd still have to buy food & drink for their guests, and they'd either need to buy the services of local tour operator firms or employ their own guides from the local pool. So not all bad news for the local economy.

I wouldn't want to stay in an all-inclusive in Belize or any other country I've visited, as a key part of visiting is to meet local people and experience local food & customs. But there are people who like them.

So no-one knows of anything like this on AC?

#305030 - 10/17/08 04:32 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Peter Jones]
azbob Offline
Peter, you may have missed this thread:

More info.
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

#305032 - 10/17/08 04:33 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: azbob]
Pedro1 Offline
Try Pedro's

#305035 - 10/17/08 04:38 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Pedro1]
Laguna Punta Offline
Originally Posted By: Pedro1
Try Pedro's
...or the San Pedro jail.
Gone fishing!!

#305048 - 10/17/08 05:32 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Laguna Punta]
Mary1220 Offline
Does anyone on this forum follow the threads? It is ok with me... just wondering these subjects seem to have a life of their own.
did not know there was any "All inclusive resorts on Ambergris Caye".

#305054 - 10/17/08 05:56 PM Re: All inclusive resorts on or around Ambergris C [Re: Pedro1]
carbunkletrumpet Offline
Originally Posted By: Pedro1
Try Pedro's

He does have an olympical pool! grin

Edited by carbunketrumpet (10/17/08 05:59 PM)
Edit Reason: can't spell
But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.