Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars are better though, in most aficionados opinions (including mine) with exiles fleeing and using the original seeds before Castro nationalized the industry.

A
A
To answer your original post:

The laws of Belize provides for exemptions from duties and taxes for items imported as accompanied baggage of a passenger that includes:

1) Wearing apparel, jewelry, toilet requisites and any portable article reasonably expected to be carried by him for his own private and personal use, and in the case of a passenger eighteen years old and over:

* Wines or spirits not exceeding one litre in all and
* Tobacco, not exceeding 250 grams or
* Cigars, not exceeding fifty, in number, or
* Cigarettes, not exceeding Two Hundred in number
* Goods to the aggregate of BZ $200.00 through an International Airport (BZ$50.00 at other entry points) belonging to a Belizean passenger (including a passenger under eighteen years old) which accompany that passenger and were acquired abroad by him for his personal use or as souvenirs or gifts and admitted as such by the Comptroller of Customs.

Provided that:-

(a) A passenger shall not be entitled to the exemption granted above in respect of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products in excess of the quantities specified in those shown above.

(b) A passenger returning from a visit to a neighboring border town or city shall not be entitled to the exemption granted above in respect of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.

(c) A passenger may claim an allowance through an International Airport twice a year and once a month through other points of entry.

OP Offline
If I read it right it sounds like Gringos can't bring ANY cigars, of any kind, through Mexico to BZ, but local can if they have been to Cuba, and then only $50bz worth. That Really SUX.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.