Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30581 10/30/00 07:37 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm driving down in a couple of weeks and want to bring my boat. I'm not a resident so must I pay import duty on it? Does anyone know for sure? Thanks a bunch.

Also, I'll be on the lake just west of Banana Beach. Does anyone know if the lake is land locked or if I would have access by boat to the sea?

Thanks, muchly.

S
S
The "lake" you're referring to is one of two sand-borrow pits created some years ago when sand was dug out for use as fill elsewhere. They're both land-locked and are brackish water (with alligators!)

M
OP Offline
M
Well now.. that answers the "should I take a boat" question! There'd be no place to drive it!

M
OP Offline
M
Um... how big are the alligators?

Of course you will have to pay an import duty. Will be based on the value of the items that you have. If this includes a trailer and a boat motor you will have to pay duty on these items also. Duties on boat trailers are generally pretty high. Make sure you have all your paperwork in order or you will have trouble clearing thru Mexico. Duty book is showing a 30% rate on motorboats--Can't locate the duty fee on trailers or motors but will keep looking for you. Hope that this helps

Duty on outboard motors is 10%

[This message has been edited by kcbc (edited 10-30-2000).]

D
D
jesse,

we are not going to be looking for property around there, right?????????????????????????

dave in phoenix

B
B
Marietta,
Another problem with bringing your own boat(even if you dock it somewhere else) is not knowing the territory. It can be rather treacherous waters for those who haven't lived there a long time. I wouldn't want to try it personally until I knew where all the hidden "surprises" are under the water. I think the locals try to discourage visitors tooling around in boats.
Hope this is a help.

M
OP Offline
M
Yes, it is. Thanks. There's no point in bringing a boat if I can't take it from my location, anyway. I was trying to get transportation as it's a couple miles from town.

I guess new sneakers, a bigger hat and more sun screen are in order, then.

Um... how big are the 'gators and where does one buy 'gator repellant?

[This message has been edited by Marietta (edited 10-30-2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.