Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#306628 10/25/08 07:55 PM
N
New777 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi-
I am looking to work in Belize in the mental health field- clinical or academic- public or private sector. I am a licensed psychotherapist PhD in the states.
Can anyone give me any leads?
Y

...Queue the work permit Nazis.

This post should probably be moved to employment section anyway - but google "Belize Work Permit" and search this site for "work permit" - then post a disclaimer that you know what a work permit is... otherwise you'll cause a s*&tstorm.

Any of this work you seek would likely be in Belize City for one of the private medical facilities - i.e. Medical Associates.

wow. a brutal welcome to Belize and unnecesary use of the term natis for someone just asking if there is an connection for something in the medical field. No one said he didn't already google "belize work permit" or better yet contact Belize direct as the info online via google is most certainly not up to date.

New777 looks like you might be needed here. Best of luck
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/306716/Re_work_options.html#Post306716

Originally Posted by *I Do* Belize Weddings
wow. a brutal welcome to Belize and unnecesary use of the term natis for someone just asking if there is an connection for something in the medical field. No one said he didn't already google "belize work permit" or better yet contact Belize direct as the info online via google is most certainly not up to date.

I suppose you may have misinterpreted my response. I believe that most people are capable of due diligence on the requirements of working as a foreigner in Belize. What I attempted to parody is what typically happens when such a post is made on this board. Inevitably it turns into a rant on work permits and we never address the original poster's question.

N
New777 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ok -
Thanks for the info, e.g., Medical Associates in Belize City- I will look them up. I apologize, i did not mean to cause an issue on this page. I do know that I have to meet the work permit requirements and will do my homework regarding this. And, you are right, this query should have been placed in another section.

Thank you anyway. Anything else you can think of regarding the mental health work issue, I would appreciate.
Y

N
New777 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks I do belize wedding!
Y

N
New777 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi Alex- I'm originally from NYC too.
Y

Gotcha Alex, thanks for clarifying. Makes sense.

B
B
Well there are a lotta folks here who have mental health problems. That is a given.
The answers to your original post are proof enough that there are mental health issues here. No? Got some scitzo goin on there etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.