Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#30703 - 11/02/00 07:42 AM TO KobeJoe Please Read
Zoot Offline
Ive been reading post to your questions about AC. Your right ... no one seems to share with you the every day life on the Island. My husband and I also wanted to pack up and leave the states and move to AC. however, after 6 years of going to Belize we had changed our minds. Belize is a beautiful country. Its a great vacation. The people are wonderful. The simplicity is relaxing. BUT .... It is not the States. The people who live there are known for a quote " Your in Belize Time". This is not a bad thing but a true phrase. You must be willing to be in "their time". Not what you think "their time is". Don't go there thinking you will change things, you won't. 6 years ago we traveled all of Belize (most popular) for 2 months. Every year thereafter we chose AC to return to. We stay for a month each year. In those months I have seen and heard alot of things. Then the choice was made not to buy and live there. Just vacation. We were fed up too with the States. But after each year spending a month in another country it made me appreciate the States instead of hating it so much. Don't make your decision on a one time vacation or a two day trip. If you have November off .... spend the month there. TAlk to people. Really live there for a month like every one else. Then decide. There are alot of laws in AC/Belize regarding Bank Accounts, wages, ownership, who you can hire first (if you own a business)golf carts on AC, cars on AC. Talk to other owners and local people about jobs.
Im not trying to discourage you. Don't look thru rose glases at this Island. You will be changing your familys lifestyle at 90D.
Just to let you know... I still go to AC everyyear and will keep going there. I love the place. But for me, not year round.

Good Luck

#30704 - 11/02/00 07:55 AM Re: TO KobeJoe Please Read
Zoot Offline
Also.... "politics" is every where... no matter where you want to live... unless you own your own country.

#30705 - 11/02/00 10:54 AM Re: TO KobeJoe Please Read
Sandshaker Offline

Sums it up in a nutshell!

Thanks Zoot!

#30706 - 11/02/00 04:08 PM Re: TO KobeJoe Please Read
come move to bucks county pennsylvania. i love it here. nothing like the good old USA. i love to vacation, but i would never live anywhere else (i mean no offense to you locals, non-belizians, or expats. it is just my opinion). i dont mean either to be a smart alec. find another place in us with diferent values or lifestyle than where you are. no place is paradise 100% of the time.
however, if you decide to go, yes, try it first for a month or two, and best of luck.

#30707 - 11/02/00 10:40 PM Re: TO KobeJoe Please Read
dave in phoenix Offline

paradise is kinda like "margarittaville"......
it's wherever you choose to find it!!

dave in phoenix

#30708 - 11/02/00 11:57 PM Re: TO KobeJoe Please Read
captain Offline
Paradise is right where I live, but not in late Februrary............

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 51 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,724 Topics
461,272 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.